we lost another LS

If you keep it as a salvage and part it out, I may be interested in the HID ballasts if the asking price is fair. I would not mind having a backup set.

Damn thats terrible dude, good luck with whatever you do. i'm in Staten island, what part of NY you at?

here is what you do, buy halogens and swap lenses and do angel eyes, get tail lights, then drive out here, and i should be able to fix the paint

Sorry about this. I had my last one messed with once. But they only messed with 2 body panels thank god. It was an easy fix.

Hope insurance makes the process easy.

Also heads up people. Remember, we always seem to lose 3 ls's at a time. We just lost fla02ls's ls a week or 2 ago and now this one. Keep an eye out. Hopefully we won't lose another anytime soon

I use Ithaca & Remington to protect my vehicles. HALT! BANG! Protection system! Got to be drug related to that other LS like you said.

On the insurance, if they total it out and you decide to buy it back do not let them have the title. If the title's not marked salvage then it's not a salvage, and the insurance company can't mark it as salvage unless they get the title in their hands. My dad's had a couple of vehicles that the insurance company said was a total that he bought back and fixed. He refused to let them have the title, and neither vehicle was listed as a salvage afterwards. One came back with a clean title when he later sold it, and he's still driving the other one.

Sorry about this. I had my last one messed with once. But they only messed with 2 body panels thank god. It was an easy fix.

Hope insurance makes the process easy.

Also heads up people. Remember, we always seem to lose 3 ls's at a time. We just lost fla02ls's ls a week or 2 ago and now this one. Keep an eye out. Hopefully we won't lose another anytime soon

I'm keeping my fingers crossed :eek:

Sucks about your car, hopefully every thing comes out alright. Make sure you make yours different so the same people don't mess with it again.

I use Ithaca & Remington to protect my vehicles. HALT! BANG! Protection system! Got to be drug related to that other LS like you said.

Did I miss where the OP said that it being drug related was a possibility? I just remember seeing where he said another one there kept getting vandalized and eventually the guy moved.

on top of the roof it says "HA HA HA" and on the hood it says "scum bag" and on the trunk it says "suck dick" they ran from one side to the other with a key. basically the whole car needs to be re-painted. KBB says its still worth $8,200. so hopefully they give me that much minus my deductible.

That is f@#ked up bro.:mad: Not even my LS and I am mad about it. What kind of DB does that to someones car? If the person that did that knew the insurance would total the car, would they have done it then? All I can say is "karma". Hopefully, it catches up with the person that did it real soon.

BTW Buy it back. Ship the car to me. For that price minus your deductiable. Say $7000. For $7k, I could have the whole car custom painted. Have enough money left over to buy the original OEM headlights. Look better then new.

sorry buddy... hate to see it go.. good luck with the ins. co. and car searching, let us know what you get

I parked my car at a community center once. When I got back, the owner was outside and gave me shyt for using his lot. Disturbed by the screaming owner, I got in my LS and left. Wasn't until I got home I noticed the giant key scratch on my hood >_>
But w/e hes a prick If he did this. Hes never heard of SHARING!

On another note, couple months later I ended up ditching my at the time Stock 02 LS doing just above 100km/s hour (close to 60 miles/h ) around a 85 degree country road bend. Almost cleared it had I not clipped the shoulder (tail end slipped out, I had winters on) and did two 360's and dropping 5 feet down tail end first.

Damage:
-Fully ripped off 1 muffler
-Driver side rear door destroyed (took out a chevron sign with the door whilst doing the 360s)
-Tore open both lower rear fenders
-Bent beyond repair 3 Rims
-Paint scratches
-1 Ball joint was defective, well, i finished it off LOL
-1 Bearing began to grind
-Ripped to shreds the rear skirt

Yeah... I didn't bother going through the insurance. I was a 4 star driver at the time, woulda gone down to 0. Rates go UP UP and away! So i fixed it myself. Had the hood painted too (might as well)

$$$Five Thousand dollars Later out of my pocket, and here she is:

2010-10-29 14.05.58.jpg

That is f@#ked up bro.:mad: Not even my LS and I am mad about it. What kind of DB does that to someones car? If the person that did that knew the insurance would total the car, would they have done it then? All I can say is "karma". Hopefully, it catches up with the person that did it real soon.

BTW Buy it back. Ship the car to me. For that price minus your deductiable. Say $7000. For $7k, I could have the whole car custom painted. Have enough money left over to buy the original OEM headlights. Look better then new.

Ebay has both head lights with halo for $479....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-2001-2...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4848565165&vxp=mtr
Heres a pair for $240
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEPO-LINCOL...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1c925ef8&vxp=mtr

I dont know why people have hard times getting parts on this car. I get them Dirt cheap, Ebay, Kijiji, Or Junk yards. I can get any part for dirt cheap that way.

insurance just called me and they are going to total it mostly because the HID OEM lights are $1850 each and with the total paint job puts the job at almost 10k to repair. IMMMMMM SOOOOOOOOOOOO F**********NG PISSED right now.

I might be naive here, But when I threw my LS into that ditch, I had far more damage than you and it costs me 5 grand. I don't see 5 grand here on your car.

Yes there's scratches, but you can get the whole car done for just under 3K factory paint colour if you know a good body shop.

As for parts, Ebay it. Headlight:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEPO-LINCOL...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1c925ef8&vxp=mtr

If theres other parts, try the scraps.. really you could get this done well under 4 thousand. Unless theres more to it than just these pics show?

I might be naive here, But when I threw my LS into that ditch, I had far more damage than you and it costs me 5 grand. I don't see 5 grand here on your car.

Yes there's scratches, but you can get the whole car done for just under 3K factory paint colour if you know a good body shop.

As for parts, Ebay it. Headlight:

If theres other parts, try the scraps.. really you could get this done well under 4 thousand. Unless theres more to it than just these pics show?

Clearly you did not read.

His car is a gen II, not a gen I. His headlights alone are over $1800 a piece retail. They are HID headlights. A link was even posted showing how much they go for used on ebay which is around $500 each usually.

This is why a lot of Gen II LS's get totaled in a front end wreck, The headlights alone are $4000 not including the bulbs which are $180 or so each.

To the OP...this really sucks. Maybe you could get an 06?

If no more LS, an M35 would be nice. Or the G sedans are nice too.

on top of the roof it says "HA HA HA" and on the hood it says "scum bag" and on the trunk it says "suck dick" they ran from one side to the other with a key. basically the whole car needs to be re-painted. KBB says its still worth $8,200. so hopefully they give me that much minus my deductible.

Having just gone thru a some what similar situation with getting the car totaled, i know your attached to your LS but getting that $8k check from the insurance is gonna feel so good. Sounds like someone who knows you, your car, and your definately not on their Christmas card list. When you get a new car lower your comprehensive deductible to $100. Believe me, its worth it.

BTW, straight from the insurance adjusters mouth, most if not all wrecked or damaged LS's WILL be totaled. The cost for parts puts them way out of repairable range. Just letting ya know.

PS... Now you can come to the dark side and be a MKS owner ;)

so the insurance adjuster called me and they are going to give me $7,500 for it since in my zip code they dont use KBB and they use jdpower and edmonds. i double checked and thats what its listed for. i thought about keeping it but i decided not to. i had to replace all the shocks and 1 of my springs was busted, new sway bar links on all 4's, vcg had oil in them i got the gaskets witch i returned this morning to autozone. and new coils and brakes/calipers. so i was looking to spend around 2k to get all this done so im kinda happy it happened before i spent all that cash even though 2 months ago i got my transmission rebuilt and the insurance wont give me crap for it.

FLA02LS --- im already looking at a MKS im going to see this one on tomorow.
http://southjersey.craigslist.org/ctd/3316603176.html

Bummer. If it was next year I'd be willing to sell you my LS for 7500 bucks, and all it really needs right now is an oil change, a clock spring and a small bit of touch-up paint. By then the 'ol lady's back will be healed up enough to handle the truck again and once that happens our LS goes on the block. I'd also point out that those new body rear wheel drive Chargers are going for about the same amount as that MKS, and that the new Taurus (the car the MKS is based off) isn't that much more for a new one. A 2009 Taurus is probably going to be 10-12K less than that 2009 MKS (I've not looked).

so the insurance adjuster called me and they are going to give me $7,500 for it since in my zip code they dont use KBB and they use jdpower and edmonds. i double checked and thats what its listed for. i thought about keeping it but i decided not to. i had to replace all the shocks and 1 of my springs was busted, new sway bar links on all 4's, vcg had oil in them i got the gaskets witch i returned this morning to autozone. and new coils and brakes/calipers. so i was looking to spend around 2k to get all this done so im kinda happy it happened before i spent all that cash even though 2 months ago i got my transmission rebuilt and the insurance wont give me crap for it.

FLA02LS --- im already looking at a MKS im going to see this one on tomorow.
http://southjersey.craigslist.org/ctd/3316603176.html

Just an FYI. There's a reason dealers send their trade-ins to auction. Just be cautious is all I'm saying....

Members online

Back