Weaved Mesh installed ("CDC MESH")

How do you know it's a one piece? Should be a 2 piece, you just have to pull it apart. The lower part of the surround has clips that are glued into the back side of the waterfall, just cut the top of the glue off with a utility knife or something to be able to pull the clip that is glued on their out.

Unfortunately this is not the case. I just checked to make sure but now I am. My grill is molded as one piece and does not have any attachment points to separate. Noticed some of my chrome has started to bubble as well. May be time for a new grill altogether.

Anyone have a 2 piece gen 2 grill they want to part with? That mesh looks HOT.

Have you looked into perforated metal or anything like that to get some McLaren type grilles going? I bet those would be in demand. I'd buy one. Tired of searching for a real one.

like this?

http://www.ametco.com/perfplastic/index.php

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=39368

Unfortunately this is not the case. I just checked to make sure but now I am. My grill is molded as one piece and does not have any attachment points to separate. Noticed some of my chrome has started to bubble as well. May be time for a new grill altogether.

Anyone have a 2 piece gen 2 grill they want to part with? That mesh looks HOT.

I have had 2 gen2 grilles and they both came apart the same way. Unless it's a one piece grille like the mclaren grille, it will come apart in 2 pieces like mine did. Maybe I haven't come across a one piece gen2 grille, you might be right but check these pics out.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Or just like ken did it

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=10612

woww nice job man looks good i need a new grille!!

Thanks

ALex, Real nice work. The stuff you have done to your car in such a short time is amazing and very nice.

Bummer. That confirms it. Mine is a single piece. No joint anywhere in the grill and no 10 tabs along the bottom either.

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

Yours looks really good with the mesh... I think it would look hot on my black car too. Oh well, I may end up with the LSE grill instead.

Congrats again on a job well done.

ALex, Real nice work. The stuff you have done to your car in such a short time is amazing and very nice.

Thank Leo, yeah, it's going through some nice transformations.

Bummer. That confirms it. Mine is a single piece. No joint anywhere in the grill and no 10 tabs along the bottom either.

Yours looks really good with the mesh... I think it would look hot on my black car too. Oh well, I may end up with the LSE grill instead.

Congrats again on a job well done.

Wow, looks like that is a one piece. I had never seen one, that sucks. Well you can always get a gen2 grille for cheap, I sold mine for 45 shipped I think.

Man-o-man, that grille! Now I gotta re-think the whole McLaren theme I wanted to go with. That really turned out better than I figured it would, since CDC doesn't make theirs anymore. Any plans to sell them (upper & lower) as a package?:cool:

Man-o-man, that grille! Now I gotta re-think the whole McLaren theme I wanted to go with. That really turned out better than I figured it would, since CDC doesn't make theirs anymore. Any plans to sell them (upper & lower) as a package?:cool:

I still haven't tried doing one for the lower grille. It might have be be placed behind the water fall, dont know how that would look though. I will attemp it soon, i'll keep you updated. If it works out good for the lower grille I can do a package

Nice! Alax- PM sent!

got it

Looks real good. It is good to see the grille put to such good use!

I also made a grille for a fellow member that had a one piece gen2 grille. It was a little harder than expected but it's possible. You just need to dremel out the water fall and sand away until only the chrome surround is left, it's what I did. You'll will probably need to paint it to make it look it's best for the one piece bcause some minimal part with exposed plastic will still be there but will be hidden once painted to match the car.

Here is what a cdc replica grille looks like. Smaller wire diameter than the real cdc mesh. It's easier to cut since it's smaller.It's really easy to do if you have a 2 pice grille, but still possible with a one piece.Now that the grille is color matched, it looks really good, I really liked how it turned out, expecially how clean the one piece surround looks compared to the 2 piece cdc grille surround.

CDC

2cdc.jpg

Replica

1cdcreplica.jpg

wish i could get that done for my gen 1 for the grille and lower grille, I think it would look nice

I still haven't tried making a lower grille. I haven't had time. But I'll get on it and post it up.

and a reg bumper in my garage

I also made a grille for a fellow member that had a one piece gen2 grille. It was a little harder than expected but it's possible. You just need to dremel out the water fall and sand away until only the chrome surround is left, it's what I did. You'll will probably need to paint it to make it look it's best for the one piece bcause some minimal part with exposed plastic will still be there but will be hidden once painted to match the car.

Here is what a cdc replica grille looks like. Smaller wire diameter than the real cdc mesh. It's easier to cut since it's smaller.It's really easy to do if you have a 2 pice grille, but still possible with a one piece.Now that the grille is color matched, it looks really good, I really liked how it turned out, expecially how clean the one piece surround looks compared to the 2 piece cdc grille surround.

CDC

2cdc.jpg

Replica

1cdcreplica.jpg

it looks great color matched alax i might actually color match my stock grill i think it might look better the the mclaren

Im the one with the one piece.alex made my replica and it turned out great i havnt paint match it yet but ill will when i get some extra time. ill post pics 2moro after she gets a bath

I was wondering when you'd post some pics up. It looks a lot better color matched, your girl wont hate anymore, I hope

How firm is the mesh, would it push in as you drive and be firm enough to hold its shape? Interested in this mod.

It's not as firm as the real cdc mesh when it's not installed since it's thinner,but once installed it's firm and wont dip in

Members online

No members online now.
Back