Well you guys, the LS time has ended with me.

Funniest guy on this forum.

Top Gear BBC is a satirical show. They put a spin on their info because if it were all hard facts, most people wouldn't watch it. Yes, they talk $hit on American cars, yet Jeremy Clarkson bought a Ford GT as soon as it was available. However, I don't see you bringing up that his GT had a slew of issues that resulted in him completely hating it.

Gas mileage? :lol: The LS gets horrible, horrible gas mileage. The best I've ever seen on the highway (99% highway driving, reset right before I started driving) was 21 mpg. That's terrible.

Top Gear is awesome in every way. Jeremy is hilarious.

27mpg highway for me.

Whose tune are you running nelliott500?

Can't imagine what the issue would be. The car is rated for 15/21 so you getting 26 is somehow extraordinary.

I have gotten up to 24mpg and that's at cruising at 85mph. On the average it was between 19 - 22mpg. Actually the LS does pretty damn good for a car it's size with a V8 in it.

I ended up driving a Mazda 3 for a week a while back and i averaged 21mpg with a 4 cylinder engine.

I guess I'm just spoiled from when I owned my Camaro. 300 horses and 31 mpg cruising at 80 mph.

Umm TOP GEAR BBC, has nothing pleasant to say about Chrysler vehicles (or north American) however, Richard did like the Challenger. Said by far was better than the charger.

The new Charger = POS and my buddy has the V6 09... lol already had his rack and pinion replaced (last year.. when the car was only 2 years old.. good thing for warranty)

jdmans101, nice car, sorry about the gas mileage, seeing as how its Hemi and my neighbor with the 07 Magnum Hemi HATES his city fuel mileage. And highway.. Complains about it a lot o_O

LOL Dodge..Chrysler... please do the world a favor and go out of business... PLEASE?

300 is a beautiful looking car tho. Congrats!

I don't make my decisions about cars based on what some talking head is paid to say about them. My decisions about them are based on research I do, including laying hands on the vehicles. I agree that the 2009 Charger is trash but the new one looks to be a better vehicle than Chrysler has put out in years. You should stop letting talk show hosts make your vehicular decisions for you.

If i were to get a 300 it would have to be the new generation.

Im burned out on the older ones. But this is a very clean car. Im very familiar with them, as my lady has an 05 as her daily driver. 133K on it as of now and all that has been replaced are the battery (expensive) and both upper control arms. Now need to replace lower arms and bushings. Also the headlights need to be refinished.

Gets 20mpg city with the 3.5L engine. They are by far much more reliable than the LS but parts arent really any cheaper and the entire front fascia has to be removed to access the grille and headlights.

Members online

No members online now.
Back