What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Scotch?? I do have this one sitting in the cabinet.

31D7E0CF-AC8C-4724-BF2D-3692B5DD2FE7.gif
20140208_205654.jpg
This is my brand. It's cheap, but smooth.

20140208_205654.jpg

Got my Octi's installed Friday, then met up with Dan and purchased the center caps for them. They look great on the car!

Think I'm going to attempt the Oil Filter Adapter Gasket tomorrow. She's had a small leak the last few months.

CAM00444.jpgCAM00445.jpg

CAM00444.jpg

CAM00445.jpg

drove the red rescue, still ha s a miss at low speed and a broken rear swaybar. but 26 mile roundtrip 23 mpg

Well didn't do it today but had a ton of fun getting my Mark to move after it Hi Centered trying to get out of my driveway :mad:
Mark in Snow.jpgMark-SNOW.jpg

Mark in Snow.jpg

Mark-SNOW.jpg

Who's the handsome guy in the reflection?

hahaha, haven't been on the forums all day so I just saw this.

Changed the Oil Filter Adapter Gasket today. That, oil change, burping, etc....4 hours. It's done and....knock on wood....good so far. About to go out to dinner and drive it. We'll see how that goes.

Well didn't do it today but had a ton of fun getting my Mark to move after it Hi Centered trying to get out of my driveway :mad:
View attachment 828465319View attachment 828465320

I know how that could've been prevented..

Oh nevermind..

hahaha, haven't been on the forums all day so I just saw this.

Changed the Oil Filter Adapter Gasket today. That, oil change, burping, etc....4 hours. It's done and....knock on wood....good so far. About to go out to dinner and drive it. We'll see how that goes.

Good luck.

Got the radiator and upper hose installed today, threw in a new radiator cap too(OO-lala). Had to apply heat to the lower trans line but it did come out in one piece. No leaks and seems to be doing well. While we were in there replaced the o-ring on the xover cap and installed a new clamp on the exhaust. I had some random rattling and found that one had partially rusted out causing both the rattle and a exhaust leak, it was after the 3rd cat on the drivers side.

So a very productive day for the old girl.

I know how that could've been prevented..

Oh nevermind..

Good luck.
Yeah but a Block Heater just doesn't melt snow and no way I was going to be up all night shoveling what the plows leave. Then they actually dug my street up too as it must be new Snow Plow driver:confused:
[video=youtube;Thjkrg8yEDg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thjkrg8yEDg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUteW46e2-bBPYd_sK-TsQ-w[/video]

Yeah but a Block Heater just doesn't melt snow and no way I was going to be up all night shoveling what the plows leave. Then they actually dug my street up too as it must be new Snow Plow driver:confused:
[video=youtube;Thjkrg8yEDg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thjkrg8yEDg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUteW46e2-bBPYd_sK-TsQ-w[/video]

Damn. Hope you already called the city about that.

I glued mine but i havent sealed them.

What do you use to seal them? Any tips to doing it well? I used silicone on my other set and they're still getting moisture.

I'd try Right Stuff, just lay it in the housings channel. The can already has a fine tip nozzle on it. Heat wont be an issue with it because its designed for engine gasket use
They make a cheap generic version, but I've never used it. Right Stuff is about $17-18 a can. 1 can will do both lights with some to spare

Nearly finished up the stereo install, I did manage to get the 0 gauge power wire through the factory grommet! Need to finish up the drivers side door.

Did a little more disassembly on the '97 yesterday. Took the kick panel trim off so I can put it on the '95 because it's in much better shape and the chrome strip is shinier. That's about it. Still having loose connection issues with my headlights. But I'll get it sorted out eventually. Going to have to make a run to the local salvage yard some time and look for a power antenna and some other little stuff.

VINYL AD CAULK.jpg
I glued mine but i havent sealed them.

What do you use to seal them? Any tips to doing it well? I used silicone on my other set and they're still getting moisture.
I found this in an old hardware store, made by DAP. Glued the lense on then ran a 1/2" bead sealing the lense to the housing. Are you talking about Gen 1? Cut or cooked off the lense?

VINYL AD CAULK.jpg

i did nothing to my mark today but ordered oxygen sensors,shocks, xpipe,mandrel bent kit,and 4 45's acidently got extras then tomorrow ordering her new mufflers then in a few weeks they will b complete ;)

Took it out to get air in the tire. Washed the dust off it. Then took the 76 mark 4 out and polished the wheels. It was 78 degrees and sunny. Its 66 now. Im so happy I moved from new jersey to paradise!

Members online

No members online now.
Back