What Octane Gas are you running in your V6?

mharrison

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Another post got me to wondering. How many are running what Octane gas? I've seen this discussed alot for the v8's, but I didn't see much regarding the V6. I didn't see an option on this forum for a poll, so here is the question....

What octane gas do you run in your V6? What have you tried? What do you prefer and why?

I'm on my second tank of 87 with no apparent issues. My first tank was 93 octane. I didn't see one lick of difference between that and 87.

mharrison said:
Another post got me to wondering. How many are running what Octane gas? I've seen this discussed alot for the v8's, but I didn't see much regarding the V6. I didn't see an option on this forum for a poll, so here is the question....

What octane gas do you run in your V6? What have you tried? What do you prefer and why?

I'm on my second tank of 87 with no apparent issues. My first tank was 93 octane. I didn't see one lick of difference between that and 87.

I've been running 93 octane since day one. I'm also running the highest tune on my SCT Xcal, don't want any detonation. I need to dyno it to see what a V6 would put out with a few mods. :Beer

Well, the book as well as the fuel filler door says 91+, so I'd say the engineers want you to run at least 91 octane.

I've been running 91+ since day one, 5 years and 112K miles ago.

Im running 93 (hard to find 91 around here only a couple of places) but during some of the hurricanes we had last year I got stuck with 89 and let me tell you it runs OK minnor dett (2 tanks first almost none second minnor) but the milage sucked My girl drove it one day and put about 10 dollars of cheap sh!t and damn I ran RRRROOOOUUUGGGGHHHHHHH never again did she drive my car

Members online

Back