what oil should i use on my 00 ls?

getyourgwapup

LVC Member
Reaction score
i have a clean Lincoln ls 2000, it has about 103,000 miles on it.. i have 3% oil left, what oil should i use?

i forgot what oil i used last time? what oil do you guy's use? what do u recommend?

Do a SEARCH, it is well covered and you will get as many opinions as their are members.

FORD recommends 5-20 for these now. When they came out they wanted 5-30 but have changed to the new spec of 5-20.

I've had my 2002 V8 LSE since new..with 8 miles on it. I now have 108k miles. The engine burns approx 1 quart every 10k miles. (Through the warranty period, I used Ford's Semi-synth and Motorcraft filters every 5k.) After the warranty was over, I went to 10k oil changes, a variety of filters (Fram, motorcraft, purolator) and WalMart's brand of 5w-30 full synthetic.

Engine still starts and runs flawlessly. Plan to keep it until around 160k miles/2012, if all goes well. At that time, I plan to replace it with a used 2009 MB C350

IINM, isn't that more for fuel economy reasons with worse protection?
Please don't quote me though :p

No, along with the 5W-20 came a new and better spec for the oil. It has better protection than the 5W-30 had. And, in particular it reduces the wear that happens when the engine is started. This is where 90% or so of the engine wear happens. It's a good thing to reduce it.

My dealer throws in Catrol Part synthetic....been doing my Lincoln good since the new engine got put in

I use a full synthetic 5w-30. Is it needed? No, but I want to run this poor car into the ground. And I figure every little bit helps.

Oh I forgot to add that mine is a V6 don't know if ford changed the spec to 5-20 on the v8. Do gen 2 v8 call for 5-20?

Well, the local dealer shoved in 5W20 into mine when I sent mine in for an oil change right after I bought it (the oil was nice but more to get the free multi-point inspection from the stealership).

I hope you change it every 2500-3000 miles and not when the car tells you too. I just ran into someone the other day with a LS and I asked if he wanted the oil change cause his sticker said that the last one was 6500km ago. He said last time it was changed the oil percent light came on. It was still only at 46% I told him you can't just go by that. They call it and idiot light for a reason

I hope you change it every 2500-3000 miles and not when the car tells you too. I just ran into someone the other day with a LS and I asked if he wanted the oil change cause his sticker said that the last one was 6500km ago. He said last time it was changed the oil percent light came on. It was still only at 46% I told him you can't just go by that. They call it and idiot light for a reason

Been changing mine every 10K miles with synthetic for the last 150K miles. My engine still uses no oil, at 167K miles.

Changing every 3K is overkill, and is not likely to extend the life of your engine. The change oil indicator seems to go off every 5K miles or so. It is a perfectly good schedule to go by.

Well I still am going to change mine every 3000-3500 miles. I also use Royal Purple 10w30. Not cheap but if you want to play you have to pay.

SuperTech 5w30 from Wal Mart. A 5 quart jug is $10 + $2.50ish for a 6th quart. With a Motorcraft filter, my oil changes run around $16.

Mark

I'm with the guys who do the change every 3k. I was anal about changing the oil on my trans am, but in the end I was getting the same gas mileage from my 5.0 as I'm getting now with the LS's 3.9.

Here's what I figure....I'm never getting married, so if I can find ONE woman who I can always baby and never hear sh** about it after....then I'm gonna do it!

Taking care of my car is kinda like dating a latin woman...as long as I give them the best, I'll always get the same in return. Can't complain! :D ;)

motorcraft semi synthetic 10w-30 with Fram oil filter. I usually use motorcraft oil filter but i couldnt find it in any store around me so I went with Fram. Car has 80,000miles and still going strong.

2000 V8 with 110,000 - I change oil every 2,500 to 3,000 miles and use Motorcraft oil and filter only on the LS.

Members online

No members online now.
Back