What type of HID kit ?9005 or 9006?

JOHN1242

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I converted years ago and need to replace them. I cant for the life of me remember if i used the 9005 or 9006 kit. are they similar enough to interchange? I am old and have no memory.lol

HELP !

JOHN

9005 kit.

I just bought a kit for mine in November

BTW, they are $15 for a pair on ddmtuning.com

thanx, i heard the 9006's were larger and fit the low beam holes better(its a 98). hear anything like that?

if your replacing a halogen bulb, (high beams and first gen NON-LSC low beam,) 9005s.

if your replacing a HID bulb, first gen LSC, and 2nd gens, 9006s and some adapter rings to hold them in place.

John, as Sonny mentioned, you want the 9006s for your 98.
cheers.

Dont go cheap on HID bulbs.

A pair that costs $15 will be Chinese crap. For about $100 you can get oem high quality HID bulbs with that bright intense crisp white.

ddm is good stuff. 2 sets in my mark, 2 in my bros SHO, one set in the diesel. all good so dar. sounds good to me. like all of them better than my xentec kit i have. it flickers.

sadly, the 9500 bulbs (original mark viii hid bulbs) are no longer made. so this about as good as it gets. or you buy a used set, that at some point, will die. just a matter of time.

i have mine stashed for my aunts 2nd gen so we have backups when they go out. and converted my car.

it was the fuse. lights fired right up. HappY ending( but not 50 dolla!)

Members online

No members online now.
Back