whats the most mpg can your V8 do???

JattGary

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Whats the most mpg have you gotten on your V8 LS?
Mine just surprised me today :D

i was getting about that driving down to california this summer, doing about 85 most the time, i was also pretty suprised. i got around 29 doing 55 on about a 10 mile stretch yesterday. but usually i get about 19 mixed

I can average about 22 driving 150 miles highway, then drive like 50 miles city and it drops to like 17

Does anyone elses LS seem to get 2-3 more mpg during the rain? Mine usually gets 24 on the highway, and 18 in the city

Or thats what the computer would lead me to believe

28 is the most I have gotten on the highway and normally 26 or 27. I have a tune, lowered,K & N and e3 spark plugs. IF I drive conservative that is. AS soon as I want to hear the K & N throw it out the window

Yeah I get 29 Highway 19 city just driving normally! but once I want to hear that CAI intake and the magnaflows that goes right out the window!

I drive appx 400 miles highway every week and run 75 to 80 mph. I was getting around 22 until new spark plugs and the K&N intake. Now I average 25. (that's when the ignition coils are working properly :D ).

LHS gas mileage a.jpg

we got 28.5 mpg driving to Ct. from Chicago last summer. Pleasantly surprized as gas was over 4.00/gallon last year. =)

any of you guys do a full tank on city only? I beginning to wonder if my 17.3 is strangely low for an all-city tank?

I've seen 99.9. Just hit reset whilst going downhill!

17-18 All City... mostly normal acceleration, no long idleing.

25-27 All Highway. 55 - 85 mph

I managed 27 average on a short trip a few weeks ago. About 100 miles of highway driving 55-60mph, and 3 or 4 miles city at each end.
70+ on the interstate its usually around 25.5 - 26 mpg.

Daily driving, going to work and back, 12. :p

any of you guys do a full tank on city only? I beginning to wonder if my 17.3 is strangely low for an all-city tank?

full tank with fresh tuneup, 93 octane with octane booster and all new filters city for some reason i just get 16.2 but on the hwy or interstate i get 27.6 but the hwy is rare for me since its my weekend ride

Fyi...?!?

Does anyone elses LS seem to get 2-3 more mpg during the rain? Mine usually gets 24 on the highway, and 18 in the city

Or thats what the computer would lead me to believe

:confused:
I'm ASSUMING thats because when it rains the air is usually cooler...which obviously IMO, would help?!?

Missing 94!

we got 28.5 mpg driving to Ct. from Chicago last summer. Pleasantly surprized as gas was over 4.00/gallon last year. =)

When I used to live in Michigan, we had 94 octane out there...loved it! But of course, now that I'm back in Connecticut, the highest is 93, AND the CT prices are MUCH higher than the MI ones! :(

Oh, and with my bad coils still, I'm getting 19.4 highway and 18.2 city...but thats with a freaking stoplight/stopsign almost every 100ft here in CT.

Going by the computer I average in the 16s mostly city driving. But then I don't baby the car.

pretty much exactly my situation. right now I'm at 16.4. 99% city driving.

2000 V8, SCT tune by KBX.

Members online

No members online now.
Back