what's this connect to?

dnehthend

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought a cheap 93, the air ride was working well for a week or so, now the compressor doesnt even try to kick on, i was going to swap relays to see if that was the problem when i realized this thing... what is it for? I don't see where it could connect to anything

markair-01.jpg

markair-02.jpg

if I can't figure out the air ride problem I'm going to make a trip to the tbird section of the junkyard... shh, don't tell the others

I just looked again, this seems to be something else, I feel stupid for not being able to spot a connector for it, also, are these some sort of drain or are they supposed to be connected to something?

markair-03.jpg

ha, that answers all three of my questions, it's much better down there without that pesky silencer in the way, so, what exactly is that part?

That's the purge solenoid valve. (controls the flow of vapors out of the carbon canister)

+1 for that missing connector going to the air purge solenoid. If the car is not running, its not needed. It part of the system that vents the tank fumes and such.

Meant to tell you that I have this one but when I tried to get the hose off, it broke the plastic right where it connects. It looks like it could be super glued but didn't want to sell you something like that.

thanks for the pics and help, I ended up grabbing one from the junkyard

Wow, I was reading through this and wondering why I was saying something about pics but then seen how old it was. The host I was using at the time has since shut down and I lost all of those pics. That's why it's blank there lol
I told you I pulled that part off.

Wow, I was reading through this and wondering why I was saying something about pics but then seen how old it was. The host I was using at the time has since shut down and I lost all of those pics. That's why it's blank there lol
I told you I pulled that part off.

haha, yeah, thanks again for the help. After you and Evan gave me a hand, I decided to delete my post here.

interesting power wire routing. if you want better routing suggestions pm me im running 1/0 ga. which was a pain but yours would run nicely where mine is

Members online

No members online now.
Back