whats up guys, long time!

cmoney23

LVC Member
Reaction score
so whats the news guys its been awhile sence i have been on here, good to see everyone is still haveing the same old ls problems!! lol

but i am having trouble myself, i have been trying to install subs in my ls and keep the factory head unit... when i install the RCA output box behind the sterio, for somereason it just makes the factory speakers louder and doesn't run the sub at all,

i checked the TECH ARTICLES but no luck, how do i do this? thanks,

whenever I have installed a "line leveller" I installed them close to the rear speakers and wires, to keep that section of wires shorter, seeing as how you usually splice the unit inline with your rear speakers. Your rear speaker fade should control your sub volume.There should be 6? wires on the box, (+) and (-) inputs from the speakers, then the RCA style outputs comin out. Just splice those pos and neg's to the existing rear speaker wires, and run your RCA's.
I do't know for sure, but if theres more than one speaker in each rear door, theres prolly a crossover or some kind of capacitor on the smaller speaker. you may need to splice the line leveller in between the crossover/capacitor and the large speaker.

thanks, i understand that, this is about the 4th one of these i have put in my cars (old cars) but for some reason no matter how i hook it up, behind the deck or in the rear speakers i get nothing, i have tried 3 different line converters and still nothing, i talked to a buddy of mine who is a installer at the local sterio shop here and he said it has to do with the factory amp! he took a look and tried and he can't figure it out either.... help!!!!!1

LOL...that sucks because i ran mine with the factory unit for almost a year already...you need the right converter...i have a spare one...i'll take a picture of it and post for you

:GotPics: :yourock:

did you wire yours up behind the unit or to the rear speakers?

if so do you know the color of the wires?

I hooked it from the rear speakers by match the color wires from behind the speakers to the wires behind the pillars where your seatbelt is at....i just strip the insulation off leaving the copper showing and connect the wires to that and run the wire to the back of the backseats and attach them to the convertor

be careful because the wires are white on the pass. side and there are 3 white ones but one is kinda of a cream color but you won't mess any thing up if you wire it to the wrong white one because I done that and I just tape it back up and found the right two...as for the driver side, i forgot but it's easier...I think it's white too or purple...i dunno just look behind the speakers first

IMAGE_135.jpg

IMAGE_136.jpg

be careful because the wires are white on the pass. side and there are 3 white ones but one is kinda of a cream color but you won't mess any thing up if you wire it to the wrong white one because I done that and I just tape it back up and found the right two...as for the driver side, i forgot but it's easier...I think it's white too or purple...i dunno just look behind the speakers first

which pillar, front or rear, driver or passenger?
thanks,

Both B pillars...open the cover underneath the front seatbelts and at the bottom next to the carpet look where the rear speakers wires are going and just find a good spot to run the wires and tuck the wires all the way to the trunk

Members online

Back