Whats up? Im new...Have a question about hooking my zune up to my stereo...

LucyLuiLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 03 LS with the Thx navi...It also has a sirius xm player in it...Is there a way i can unplug the xm player and use it for my mp3 player? Please help because this FM transmitter is KILLING me! Thanks in advance!

Welcome!!!!

You can add an ipod interface like I have, or an fm modulator that plays though the cars antenna not sends a signal through the air. The one I have for the ipod charges the ipod, plays the ipod with better than cd quality sound, and control it with the steering wheel buttons.I also added a video interface to my thx nav and play movies from the ipod. I forgot what brand I have but its similar to the one in the first link, The second one is the fm modulator that someone put on their ls.U heard those sound good too. They are 100x better than the fm trasnmitter, this one connects directly to your nav and plays through the speakers.

http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=FRD03-AUX-S

Amazon.com: Scosche FM-MOD02 FM Modulator for iPod, Satellite Radio or Portable Music Player: Electronics

Welcome!!!!

You can add an ipod interface like I have, or an fm modulator that plays though the cars antenna not sends a signal through the air. The one I have for the ipod charges the ipod, plays the ipod with better than cd quality sound, and control it with the steering wheel buttons.I also added a video interface to my thx nav and play movies from the ipod. I forgot what brand I have but its similar to the one in the first link, The second one is the fm modulator that someone put on their ls.U heard those sound good too. They are 100x better than the fm trasnmitter, this one connects directly to your nav and plays through the speakers.

http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=FRD03-AUX-S

Amazon.com: Scosche FM-MOD02 FM Modulator for iPod, Satellite Radio or Portable Music Player: Electronics

I think that the 03 navigation needs a software update before it can support direct wire add on interfaces.

Oh I didn't know about that joegr. So that only for 03? Because I didn't need that on mine.

Oh and to the OP, I didn't read where you it said zune in your post. There is also a zune interface just the like ipods with all the same functions.

Oh I didn't know about that joegr. So that only for 03? Because I didn't need that on mine.

Oh and to the OP, I didn't read where you it said zune in your post. There is also a zune interface just the like ipods with all the same functions.

Yes, AFAIK that only applies to 03. I do know also that the late 2006 nav units don't work correctly with some PIE adapters. The early 2006 are apparently okay.

BTW, the 03 NAV units also need that software update to work with factory satellite radio. I don't know what the charge for the update is, but it should be a minor procedure.

-- Disclaimer: I base this info about the 03's off of what I have read, not actual experience.

Members online

No members online now.
Back