where can i get purple bulbs for an 04?

JERSEYLINCOLNKING

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i am lookin to get purple bulbs for the ls and i want all the bulbs to be purple,does anyone know where i can get them and are good bulbs

its either that or cheapo ebay lights that arent hid and not very bright... imo they suck hid or not.

well my buddy got and hid setup and said they where hard to mount the ballast so i was just goin to get regular headlight bulbs in purple.u guys say they are,did u buy some and try them out or r u just guessin?

So are you just wanting bulbs or an hid kit? If you go with purple bulbs you might as well just ride aroun with your parking lights...it would be brighter.

If you are looking for an hid kit, you can find many plug and play sets out there and zip tie the ballast to someting like the radiator mount (not hard).

this thread is painful. "purple" bulbs in an LS? Is this what things have come to? The status of a Civic?

this thread is painful. "purple" bulbs in an LS? Is this what things have come to? The status of a Civic?

a civic huh,just cuz u drive a lincoln means ur better then a civic,i owned a fully built civic so whats the problem,and the reason i thought of purple is because i have a burgandy ls,so there aint no reason of cathcin a lil attitude or try to be funny

So are you just wanting bulbs or an hid kit? If you go with purple bulbs you might as well just ride aroun with your parking lights...it would be brighter.

If you are looking for an hid kit, you can find many plug and play sets out there and zip tie the ballast to someting like the radiator mount (not hard).

so i could actually get an hid jit and wouldnt have a problem with mountin them,never worked on the ls yet so dont know.first time for this type of car.

Just warning you that while you may think they look good, they in reality will suck HID or not. As you go deeper in the color range, the less output you will actually get. So while a purple may show at 9300K, that is actally less light than the white at 4600K or whatever the number is. Point of this being that you're not getting a safe amount of light to drive at night even though it looks cool. Lights are something I wouldn't mess with just to look cool. My .02.

so i could actually get an hid jit and wouldnt have a problem with mountin them,never worked on the ls yet so dont know.first time for this type of car.
I just put the digital Xetronics kit Ken sells ( http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/xetronic-digital-hid-xenon-conversion-kit-p-136.php ) in my '06; I got the white version, but it is available in purple. You'll need a 7/8" hole saw to penetrate the headlight housing and wire crimpers to attach the leads that connect to the factory harness; other than that, it's all plug and play.

Just warning you that while you may think they look good, they in reality will suck HID or not. As you go deeper in the color range, the less output you will actually get. So while a purple may show at 9300K, that is actally less light than the white at 4600K or whatever the number is. Point of this being that you're not getting a safe amount of light to drive at night even though it looks cool. Lights are something I wouldn't mess with just to look cool. My .02.
I agree that it's more important to be safe than to look cool, but I don't know how much light those purple HIDs will cast. I know the white (4300K) Xetronics are hella bright--I can barely tell when I turn on the high beams.

thanks man,ill look in to the bright whites then appriciate it

this thread is painful. "purple" bulbs in an LS? Is this what things have come to? The status of a Civic??????

Whats wrong with purple HIDS on a LS? i have um and they look great i get compliments all the time and its a head turner at the club!

If your looking for good HID kits we have a spot out in Brookyln installed for $150 send me a PM if interested

sorry to anyone i have said somethin to,its just i dont know when someone is messin around and im new to these types of cars and i really dont know what to do to it.i saw purple hids and thought they were different so,sorry everyone

Members online

No members online now.
Back