Where can I get the grille & rear surround Lincoln emblem?

DENNISJR60

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I've searched thru some posts & saw where some people painted there's or something like that, but where can I get new ones from? I just got off the phone with the dealership & they only show it as part of the assembly not by itself?

I got a rear surround that I'm going to have painted black, but the emblem that is on there isn't in the best of shape so I would like to put a new one in there. Also does the emblem on the rear surround come off the same way the grille one comes off? is it 3M taped on there like the front one?

Thanks for the help!

Yep. it comes off the same way.

You can't but the stock ones unless you buy the entire surround or grille. gotta buy those ones from LSK and paint them.

Yep. it comes off the same way.

You can't but the stock ones unless you buy the entire surround or grille. gotta buy those ones from LSK and paint them.

I read on a post about ones from LSK, but couldn't find them on the site. Am I not looking in the right place?:confused:

search emblem on lsk and youll find it

Thanks! I was looking under every category & couldn't find it. never thought of using the search function which is sad being I'm a member of LVC...:D

Edit: Now I see where I missed it I didn't notice the "emblem" sub under exterior lincoln...

Last edited:
any opinions about red emblems on a silver LS, i can't decide when i color match the grille and surround if it be worth taking off the stock emblems and putting on red ones

any opinions about red emblems on a silver LS, i can't decide when i color match the grille and surround if it be worth taking off the stock emblems and putting on red ones

ive seen silver with blue and it looks good i think red would be pretty dam nice as well

Custom paint your stock ones. You can sand off the paint from the back. I did that, and custom painted mine. Color matched in the center, with a black border:

calendarpic4.jpg

IMG_7060.jpg

Custom paint your stock ones. You can sand off the paint from the back. I did that, and custom painted mine. Color matched in the center, with a black border:

calendarpic4.jpg

IMG_7060.jpg

how much did it cost you to do that ? cuz i would want to leave mine black around the outside but the lincln star ed so that the emblem itself isnt too red ya know

the ones from the LSK you paint the star itself though correct? from the back of the emblem

Red emblem, Silver Birch Lincoln LS:

LS Lip 10001.JPG

try craigslist. I bought 2 grilles and a rear surround, all with emblems

actually i might the back of the chrome part of my grille is cracked but although it didnt go all the way through the front yet, you can see the line of the crack, thanks for the pic

how much did it cost you to do that ? cuz i would want to leave mine black around the outside but the lincln star ed so that the emblem itself isnt too red ya know

I did it myself. Take the emblem off, sand the paint off the back, repaint. That's it!

the ones from the LSK you paint the star itself though correct? from the back of the emblem

Yessir. If your stock emblems are looking a little worn, you can wetsand them with 1500 grit sandpaper, then 2000, then polish with a rubbing compound to get rid of the sanding marks. Made mine look shiny new again.

I did it myself. Take the emblem off, sand the paint off the back, repaint. That's it!

Yessir. If your stock emblems are looking a little worn, you can wetsand them with 1500 grit sandpaper, then 2000, then polish with a rubbing compound to get rid of the sanding marks. Made mine look shiny new again.

You sanded the front of the emblem as well as the back of the emblem? So you can sand & polish the emblems almost like a headlight & it won't ruin them?

Yep. I was going to order new ones, so decided to try it as a last ditch effort. Worked well for me. ymmv, of course.

wetsanding papers (meguiar's unigrit 2000 grit is all I needed), then I used 3m rubbing compound, then meguiars plast-x.

Members online

No members online now.
Back