Where for 3.58's??

performance gain from switching from 3.31 gears to the 3.58s? I've never bothered to research and since my bussiness is picking up I thought of doing a gear chance, TC, limited slip from a stang like Pete did, and the SCT tune...thought I'd buddle them

3.31 to 3.58 isnt going to be THAT noticeable but you might feel it. The TC is a complete PITA job and I recommend that you personally bring it to a shop along with the LSD and gear swap, none of them are easy tasks. All of them coupled together equals greatness tho :D

TC won't be bad with a lift. And as long as the exhaust bolts don't snap. :rolleyes:

Gears are difficult because of setting preload and backlash.

I heard about it :D I remember talking to you as youe were putting in the TC. You told me that the retapping of the hole was a beotch.

They work ok.. My friend had his spiders welded on his bronco and (granted he beats on his trucks) broke it! lol.. You will find decreased wear on your tires too! But I'm sure you already knew that.. :shifty:

I think you meant increased wear? Or decrease tire life. Plus that tire squeal around every turn.

I'm going to weld my spider gears on my blazer, but on the front axle because I have manual hubs and transfer case has been changed to a part time 4x4 instead of full time.

Members online

Back