Where should I get my alarm system installed from?

mark0101

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a remote start system but I know I can't install it myself, so where would you guys say I should get it installed from? I was thinking best buy but what do you guys think and how much will it cost to install it?
thanks in advance

Car audio shops don't go to best buy or any place like that they suck and they will rob you bad!

Your best bet is find someone local who has similar work done and ask where they had it done.

at circuit city we charge $180 just to put it in. The good thing is you a have lifetime warranty on the labor. if something is not working you can go to any circuit city in the US and theyll take care of it.

allot of local car-audio type shop will do that warranty too and probably do a better install.....

Fro99 said:
allot of local car-audio type shop will do that warranty too and probably do a better install.....

And alot cheaper

Best bet is to call the other shops and see who carries your brand. Then ask them to install it. More than likely they will not charge nearly as much as the large retail places like Fry's, Ultimate Electronics, Circuit City and Best Buy. The smaller shops also have lifetime warranty on labor, and if they screw up the dash, most of the brick and morter shops will own up to the responsibility.

is it a remote starter only, or an alarm also? i ask because the previous owner of my mark had an alarm installed, and most of the aftermarket alarms have a voltage sense. this means if a power draw is pulled the alarm will go off. the problem is, when you go to put in your door code, the interior lights will activate, causing a draw and tripping the alarm.

4.6powa said:
is it a remote starter only, or an alarm also? i ask because the previous owner of my mark had an alarm installed, and most of the aftermarket alarms have a voltage sense. this means if a power draw is pulled the alarm will go off. the problem is, when you go to put in your door code, the interior lights will activate, causing a draw and tripping the alarm.

:confused: If you have an alarm on a Mark VIII why would you use the door code to enter the car? Why wouldn't you unlock the door with the alarm transmitter?

could be many reasons, left key in the house, locked it in car, convienence, dead batt. in transmitter. there had to be some reason they had a keypad, even tho they had remotes from the factory, also.

I will check around and see but I don't know if I should trust small dealers. In the LS forum, there is this guy who blew up his stereo system and now dealer doesn't wanna pay for it. 180 is too high for me.
BTW the company is steel-mate and its a remote start and a alarm.

If your alarm went off because you put the code in then your alarm was installed wrong

KainDTE said:
If your alarm went off because you put the code in then your alarm was installed wrong

right, which is why i am saying be careful. if you do bring it to a shop make sure they disable the voltage sense feature. or you can bypass it so it still has this feature, but will still be able to use the keypad on some systems.

Members online

Back