where to mount amp

Maybe, if you put rubber bushings, you could mount it on the rear deck (from underneath) next to were the speakers would be..

i usually dont like to have amps mounted at the top like that because since heat rises, there is nowhere for the air heated up by the amp to go, therefore it will basically be bathing in its own heat, i would definitely only consider this as an option if the amp had a built in cooling fan.

looks good Tru, glad your keeping it clean, so you've probably had plenty of time to get her fine tuned, is that the kind of sound that you where expecting? now that those Type R's have had some time to break in, i bet they are sounding pretty darn good and hitting nice and hard.

i usually dont like to have amps mounted at the top like that because since heat rises, there is nowhere for the air heated up by the amp to go, therefore it will basically be bathing in its own heat, i would definitely only consider this as an option if the amp had a built in cooling fan.

Good point.. :)

Its also harder to get to the amp inside the rear deck for messing with the settings.

I know I'm stepping out of my jurisdiction by coming over to the LS side but just thought I'd throw my Mark trunk in here. I have always leaned away from mounting amps to any enclosure because of vibration. There are internals inside that really don't like to be rattled.

Also, Kicker amps aren't very happy being mounted sideways because of heat issues. Mine isn't as clean as Rollin's but I have always laid mine down flat because as I have mentioned before, I don't use my car as a grocery getter and if I did, there is still room back there to put a few and then there is always the back seat. I can also still access my spare if ever needed. Nothing has to be moved.

DSC02503.jpg

LEDs004.jpg

And the one way up above with 20 amps being mounted, wtf is that going to be, a rolling night club? :eek:

Sick eww eww eww Sick Sick.. :p

Very clean.. I like it.. How do the 10s sound?

Thanks!

With the ZX1000.1 amp, they pound pretty hard. I'm 42 so I rarely even turn the system on but I know it's there if I ever want it. I never been a fan of 12's because they just don't seem to produce the high pitched bass notes like 10's do but when you have three of them in a vented enclosure, they can sound like 10's, 12's and some notes as low as 15's and if I don't want any bass at all, I just simply turn the sub volume down by the remote on the head unit. It's a Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993 and the reason for getting that one was because of bluetooth and hands free phone conversations but mostly because it can be changed to any interior lighting color you want.

I have my amp just behind the box on the floor, you can see it. although my setup isnt great right now, so i dont really care if you see it. just another thing im going to do once I get more money.

View attachment 60183

Better than good.

They bump very very hard. can take more than rated for and if you blow one
the cone can be rebuilt.

A pair of them can hit harder than kicker L7's.

Thanks, Loud. My system definitely rocks. I'm probably not running it as hard as some of you other guys, but I can definitely feel it through most of my body. I think I'm going to have to Dynamat (or equivalent) the trunk lid, though.

Tru

Finally ordered my new sub. Dc level 4 12" dual 2 ohm coils.

All these sub set ups are making me want to do one in my ls.

very nice guys im in the middle of plaining mine out. i no i want 2 tens and a 5 farad cap and amps rack so.will let you no when im done

Yeah caps suck.

They dont do really do much of anything....a kinetick battery is way better.

Im a one sub guy...i like running high power one sub systems and blowing guys with dual 12" subs out
the water with a single 10".

Yeah caps suck.

I could get all technical.. :rolleyes:

Caps only are effective on AC circuits.. You use a compactor to equal out the inductance and try to get your power factor to a 1.. When then power factor is a 1, you are only providing TRUE power with no capacitance or inductance..

I know I'm stepping out of my jurisdiction by coming over to the LS side but just thought I'd throw my Mark trunk in here. I have always leaned away from mounting amps to any enclosure because of vibration. There are internals inside that really don't like to be rattled.

Also, Kicker amps aren't very happy being mounted sideways because of heat issues. Mine isn't as clean as Rollin's but I have always laid mine down flat because as I have mentioned before, I don't use my car as a grocery getter and if I did, there is still room back there to put a few and then there is always the back seat. I can also still access my spare if ever needed. Nothing has to be moved.

DSC02503.jpg

LEDs004.jpg

And the one way up above with 20 amps being mounted, wtf is that going to be, a rolling night club? :eek:

Night club? Like this? :lol:

LED 01.jpg

LED 02.jpg

LED 03.jpg

LED 04.jpg

LED 05.jpg

LED 06.jpg

LED 07.jpg

LED 08.jpg

John. use a tripod for those nighttime shots. I'm guessing you have a point and shoot. I have a dslr, and have a 50mm 1.8 lens that's okay for nighttime shooting without a tripod or getting into $600+ lenses. Check it out:

IMG_9947.jpg

IMG_9989.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

Sorry, I am lvc's #1 Pic Whore.

maybe its not the the camera that is causing the picture to be blury but the crazy bass :D

John. use a tripod for those nighttime shots. I'm guessing you have a point and shoot. I have a dslr, and have a 50mm 1.8 lens that's okay for nighttime shooting without a tripod or getting into $600+ lenses. Check it out:

IMG_9947.jpg

IMG_9989.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

Sorry, I am lvc's #1 Pic Whore.

Cheap Camera.:rolleyes: Simple point and shot Kodak. Recently bought a new digital. Haven't used it yet. Can't get it from the wife. I bought it, but she uses the crap out of it,:rolleyes: I did pick up a tripod for better shots and no more blurry images.:Beer

With $500 you can get an entry level dslr.

Ive been meaning to get one but cant justify the price yet.

Members online

No members online now.
Back