Where to mount dvd??

Nav2005

LVC Member
Reaction score
Where have you guys mounted your aftermarket dvd players? I am installing some headrest tv's tomorrow and I am not sure where to mount the player. I am looking for some options. I don't have the 2nd row bucket seats, it is a bench. I was thinking about inside the console in the front row. All ideas are welcome

Well, got it all installed today. We were able to squeeze the dvd player under the 2nd row center seat. Here are some pics.

Screens-1.jpg

Screens-4.jpg

Screen-5.jpg

Nav2005 said:
Well, got it all installed today. We were able to squeeze the dvd player under the 2nd row center seat. Here are some pics.

Pix look great!! Did you perform the install yourself? Could you share approximately what the cost was, or maybe a link where I can purchase the components too?

Thanks and congrats on a terrific mod.! :Beer

Mike

hope there was no cutting of the headrests, cause i know i saw headrests that already have the screens preinstalled so there is no cutting invovled. i forget who makes those headrests, but my audio place that i get stuff installed showed them to me. im just curious if there was any cutting... either way looks awesome nice job.

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
hope there was no cutting of the headrests, cause i know i saw headrests that already have the screens preinstalled so there is no cutting invovled. i forget who makes those headrests, but my audio place that i get stuff installed showed them to me. im just curious if there was any cutting... either way looks awesome nice job.

Yeah, I saw those pre-installed headrests too.... They are a bit pricey. :Bang

I got them off of ebay for $630, excellent, excellent price. I had them installed at Cartoys in Dallas. A friend of mine is the installer there. So total headrests with TV's already mounted, DVD player, 2 wireless headphones, all the wiring, 3 remote controls and installation a whooping $800, I got a hell of a deal. The next thing is to run the DVD through the Navigation system.

Man!!! You should be ARRESTED for making such an incredible deal. :eek2: Congrats!!! I wish our Aviator came with Nav..... oh well. Looks like I need to do some ebay shopping.

Thanks for all the info. Now, if only I lived in Dallas! :slam

dads01dream said:
Man!!! You should be ARRESTED for making such an incredible deal. :eek2: Congrats!!! I wish our Aviator came with Nav..... oh well. Looks like I need to do some ebay shopping.

Thanks for all the info. Now, if only I lived in Dallas! :slam

I saw a Nav unit on ebay a while back that would probably fit the aviator? I think it sold for like $500 and that was the screen and the dvd. Just keep a look out....

Members online

No members online now.
Back