which coil boots are the correct boots for the V8?

ArtVandelay

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm getting ready to replace the valve cover gaskets (oil is leaking in the plug wells) on my 2000 LS w/ V8, 95k.

There appears to be 2 different parts of boots for sale. For Delco, the part #s are 16027 and 16029, both pictured below. On Ebay both are listed as working with both the V6 and V8- is this an error? Which is the correct boot for the V8?

delco-16027.JPG
delco-16029.JPG

Also, does anyone have better experience with one brand boot over another (Delco, NGK, Standard, Prestolite, Airtex Wells)? I would think to go with the Delco boots over the other brands, since no one seems to sell Motorcraft boots. Do Motorcraft boots even exist?

Besides the plugs, boots, and coils, anything else that should be changed while I'm at it?

And if anyone has the PDF file with the instructions for the job, please message me.

Thanks!

delco-16029.JPG

delco-16027.JPG

I'm just guessing from the pictures. The top one looks like the original factory piece. On the other hand, I put in Accel coils for the 4.6, about three years ago, and the boots with them have that raised ring around them, of the right size to seal the top of the plug well. That's a good thing because with the Accel coils, the cover plates over the coils no longer fit. It looks to me as if the lower picture would do the same thing, and do it even better than the Accel design. "You pays your money, and takes your choice"

KS

When I bought my coils from the eBay, the boots for my coils look like the boot in the first picture.

Members online

No members online now.
Back