Whining Noise on cold start.

Ls208

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
for the last couple of days when i go to start my car in the morning it lets off a really really loud whining noise. at first i thought it was just my power steering pump but i dont think it is because it doesnt get any louder when i turn the wheel. my power steering did make a noise for a while but i put some lucas in there and it quieted it right up. and also it whines when i drive too, but i noticed it kind of stops when i am in third gear, but through 1st and 2nd it sounds like im supercharged, haha sounds cool but cant be good. possibly a trans problem? anyone had this happen?

for the last couple of days when i go to start my car in the morning it lets off a really really loud whining noise. at first i thought it was just my power steering pump but i dont think it is because it doesnt get any louder when i turn the wheel. my power steering did make a noise for a while but i put some lucas in there and it quieted it right up. and also it whines when i drive too, but i noticed it kind of stops when i am in third gear, but through 1st and 2nd it sounds like im supercharged, haha sounds cool but cant be good. possibly a trans problem? anyone had this happen?

loose intake hose

i forgot to mention the reason i think its the trans or something around there is because i seems to be coming more form the bottom of the car than the actual engine bay. thanks for both those ideas i will take a look.

Members online

No members online now.
Back