white valve covers

ONLYTONY

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I had to bite the bullet and let the dealer change some gaskets. when I took my 95 in it had black valve covers. This is what I got back. When I got home the covers had little white dots on them, and they wiped off real easy. The next day, magic as seen in the pics. They dipped them but I don't think they rinsed them. I'm worried all that crap is on the inside of the covers. Will it show on the dipstick? It shows nice clean oil now. On a good note,no leaks. It's like a thick powder.

wht engine.jpg

wht engine 2.jpg

I would say they need to do the job over. They should repaint them also.

I would be outa my mind with that!!! I'd also take it back ASAP and demand a powder coat. Holy Cow!!!! :eek:

So what exactly happened here. They went sledding with your covers?

back

I'm on my way back first thing tomorrow. If that crap is on the inside, I'll be very PO'd. Two blood pressure pills before I leave the house. Powder coat or paint nah. Sounds like a new engine that comes in a crate. I was told the guy that did the job is a mechanic for 20 years, on what lawn mowers! I had better bring my anger management diploma and keeping looking at it, while I'm dealing with these idiots. Tune in for more drama tomorrow. TONYyyy

It's like they pranked you. Wait, I don't get the prank. What the hell? :eek: It's almost like they used a cleaner on them that wasn't meant to be used and it had a reaction to the paint. :confused:

I'm back

Went to the dealer and they ass ured me the inside was clean. This morning(cold) the covers were black but slimey. Once they got hot turned white. They cleaned the engine and sprayed it so it's nice and shiney. Their going over the bill and were not done. They lost my neg battery plastic cover and I want it back. All good things take time.

shin eng 2.jpg

clean and shiney.jpg

Last edited:
if it was me. they can assure me all they want but proof or its not true. they probably assured the job would be done correct the first tiem and ya got back a mess. so how well can you really take his assurance. not only that but by making them take the covers off and eatting the cost of time in labor and gaskets will hopefully help them learn from the lazy mistakes and not do it again.

also you still use the nagative cover. thats nifty. i cant use mine the terminals are to big so i just tossed em

Yeah fvck that! Stick it to em! Whatever that chit is they got on your valve covers is the problem. They need to remedy the situation whatever that may be. There'd be an a$$hole in the house if that was me.

can't do bad

A while ago I bought some hearlights from 98marklsc,he's a straight shooter and good guy. UPS e-mailed me 4 days in a row that they were being delivered that day. I was on the phone with ups and they claim I said a threating word (I'll plead I'm nuts) 20 mins later they hauled me off to jail. I thought bs no problem. I could have to prison for 5 years and had a fine of $5000. $2000K for the lawyer and it was nollied, not dissmised. If I do anything even swear at somebody they could drag me back into court. I had to go to anger mgnt classes also. I'm very carefull how I talk to people You you always do better with a little sugar. 98marklsc sent my money back. What a guy. A lot of time and trouble and I never got the lights. A very costly word. UPS claimed I said that I was coming down with a bazooka to get my package. All my friends have started calling me Bazooka Tony. Be carefull what you say to people. TONYyyy

I had to bite the bullet and let the dealer change some gaskets. when I took my 95 in it had black valve covers. This is what I got back. When I got home the covers had little white dots on them, and they wiped off real easy. The next day, magic as seen in the pics. They dipped them but I don't think they rinsed them. I'm worried all that crap is on the inside of the covers. Will it show on the dipstick? It shows nice clean oil now. On a good note,no leaks. It's like a thick powder.

Sh!t if that happened to me I'd be more pissed than a midget with a yoyo! I'd raise hell & back. Unless it's done right I don't think those valve covers will ever be the same as they once were. You did much more than bite the bullet. It's hard to find a great mechanic but the dealership is the last option for me.

I don't know what happened to those valve covers, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the cold weather and whatever they sprayed on there.

Members online

No members online now.
Back