Why no upgrades

xllsc007

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
why is it we don't see my folks upgrade theire mark viii, i do alot of show and just see a reg mark viii, ok the radio and changed and rims and k&n filter.. never see no custom paint etc.......

Mainly because most Mark VIII owners have a little class and a bit of taste.

People buy Marks because they are looking for a sweet car on a tight budget, or because they want a sleeper. There isnt much in the way of exterior aftermarket parts, and whats available costs big bucks

why is it we don't see my folks upgrade theire mark viii, i do alot of show and just see a reg mark viii, ok the radio and changed and rims and k&n filter.. never see no custom paint etc.......

Mine is done from bumper to bumper inside & out.

bb10.jpg

bb17.jpg

freaky3.jpg

As far as upgrading purely for the sake of upgrading goes, I've done a chip and a shift kit. Only lack of money is keeping me from going further.

I got mine because I like the way my mark looks no need for body kit and wings
car was sexy from the start just needs tint and no b piller

as far as appearance goes, I don't really want to see anything different other than maybe ride height, they look great the way they are

I don't even really care for tint, but that's just me

Lets see. It's maybe a numbers thing. The car never went mainstream. Except for mainstream blue haired old ladies. We're lucky, our purchase story is always, 'yeah, I stole this from some an old lady'. lol

We're more driver enthusiasts or 'Hot Rodders' gone a little refined.

It would be great to see a Foos Mk8 project, but Marks just aren't on the radar.
Me likes that though.

Well as for custom paint... Marks look best in solid colors... Most Mark VIII owners are a bunch of ricers who make their cars look hideous.

Also most of us don't believe you have to put some stick on part that has no effect... ie... no functional hood scoop or god ugly spoiler.

There are many members who have super charged, turbo charged, re-geared, etc...

We have seen 5 speed manual trannys put on, better drive shafts, beefed up suspensions, cobra heads.... etc... so much put on these cars.. There are a lot of after market items for our cars.

Biggest problem is money... all mods cost. Aslo Original owners were of a different breed than those of us who are buying them now... we want to play with them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back