Will the 3.5l Duratec fit in the Ls ---Engine Swap---

Flame3g

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
does any on know if the 3.5l Duratec will fit the ls with ease or is there alot of changes. i currently have a 3.0 = 220hp want the 3.5 = 265hp

You can go trade your LS for a 03+ V8 with 280HP and save yourself tons of money.

Yes it would "fit!"
For the engine swap you have to change computers, wire harnesses, custom fabricate a lot of stuff. Major PITA Several thousand dollars, for 45HP

It would be cheaper & easier to install a supercharger / turbo on your current engine.

Or

You can go trade your LS for a 03+ V8 with 280HP and save yourself tons of money.

You can do a V8 swap in your LS for about the same price if you are stuck on your car. I would consider that first. If you must though, yes, the 3.5 will fit. It will take the same amount of work as the V8 though.

It would be no different than any other engine swap into the LS - the fab work to make it fit it the least of the issues - the real problem is marrying all the electronics - darn near impossible.

Where's JES_LS? He's supposedly the "swap doctor" and could give some input into feasibility.

Hey JES, what about that tranny swap?? Is it ever gonna happen??

does any on know if the 3.5l Duratec will fit the ls with ease or is there alot of changes. i currently have a 3.0 = 220hp want the 3.5 = 265hp
You might be able to do it, but it won't be with ease. The D30 and D35 share the Duratec name, but the D35 is a completely new engine.

You're probably not going to be bolting up your 5R55 to this:

3060000000053343.JPG

Also that intake manifold wouldn't work for you. Looks like it'd put the throttle body facing in the general direction of the firewall.

Also that intake manifold wouldn't work for you. Looks like it'd put the throttle body facing in the general direction of the firewall.
Hey, that just means it's already set up for cowl induction! :N

I've never heard of anyone wanting to swap out a V6 for a V6?

I love my car the v6 has plenty of power. just wondering if it would be a direct swap. I Bought my ls when i was 21, 22 now but i't was my dream car in H.S. i won't get rid of it but i will upgrade the lincoln will be my saturday car. We Lincoln Owners Only should be so lucky to Own one. BE Thankful be cause u could be rideing a bike or be walking. thanks for the info guys

I love my car the v6 has plenty of power. just wondering if it would be a direct swap.
Hey, it's a great idea. If it were a direct swap, it would put you ahead of the stock 1st Gen V8s (with respect to power) in what should be a lighter car, running on regular unleaded (that still seems like an oxymoron to me) to boot. Too bad it's not...

I love my car the v6 has plenty of power. just wondering if it would be a direct swap. I Bought my ls when i was 21, 22 now but i't was my dream car in H.S. i won't get rid of it but i will upgrade the lincoln will be my saturday car. We Lincoln Owners Only should be so lucky to Own one. BE Thankful be cause u could be rideing a bike or be walking. thanks for the info guys

I like riding my bike
29opidw.jpg

http://www.rswarrior.com/Gallery/fuzzyb.aspx

Members online

No members online now.
Back