Window leak

jpslim

LVC Member
Reaction score
I've seen a couple of threads about this before, but the front passenger side window area of my LS leaks like crazy whenever it rains, soaking the front pillar and floormat. In previous threads, people have mentioned clogged drain tubes as being the culprit, but I don't see what they are talking about. If anyone can tell me exactly where these tubes are, post a picture of them, or offer any other suggestions, I would appreciate it.

i know that there are some drains under the door itself.. i heard that there are drains above the window somewhere but i dont know where those are located

jpslim said:
I've seen a couple of threads about this before, but the front passenger side window area of my LS leaks like crazy whenever it rains, soaking the front pillar and floormat. In previous threads, people have mentioned clogged drain tubes as being the culprit, but I don't see what they are talking about. If anyone can tell me exactly where these tubes are, post a picture of them, or offer any other suggestions, I would appreciate it.

The drainage tubes run from the top of the moon roof i believe down through the passenger side a-pillar. Take your a-pillar piece off and behind it you'll see the tubes.

jpslim said:

I couldn't find the hoses either, but I havent had the leak either... It just rained and I went out to check and it's dry.

didjital| said:
The drainage tubes run from the top of the moon roof i believe down through the passenger side a-pillar. Take your a-pillar piece off and behind it you'll see the tubes.

I got the interior molding on the A-pillar off but I still don't see anything. My LS is an '01, do all years have the drainage tubes?

Yes, I do have a moonroof and don't see anything that looks like drain tubes up there either. I've taken off about every piece of trim I can and still can't figure it out. Are the drain tubes inside the A-pillar? And where do they drain?

I got the water hose out and the water is definitely coming in through the moonroof, but only on the passenger side and then it is traveling along the top of the headliner and down the A-pillar. My question now is: Is the water actually supposed to make it throught the rubber gasket around the glass moonroof and then go down these mysterious drain tubes that I can't seem to find and then drain out somewhere under the car? Thanks!

drain tubes

The drain tubes are on all four corners of the moonroof and are more readily seen and accessible with the headliner down. There should be a small black plastic nipple coming off the moonroof on each corner that the tube attaches onto and then routes down inside the a-pillar on the front two. mine tubes were separated from the nipple by only a centimeter or so therefore I could easily see them however if someone has removed yours for some reason or if they have crept down the a pillar some then maybe they would be hard to see. I suspect that once you get the headliner down, you will be able to see these things and visualize where the leak is coming from. before you reconnect the tubes consider putting a small clamp on the tubes to help keep them from coming off again. hope this helps.

Got it!!! Thanks for the help mattchaney. I pulled the front half of the headliner down and sure enough, drain tubes!! The one on the front passenger side had indeed come off the nipple so I sprayed some water and air down it to make sure it would drain and then attached it with a hose clamp and spent the next hour trying to put everything back together. For those wondering, the front tubes drain through a small, flat opening behind the front tire where there is a lip under the front door and the back tubes drain somewhere above the muffler behind the rear tires.

I'm having the same problem with my LS. Except I don't know how to take down the headliner without permanently damaging something. How do I take it down?

i know for a fact that information on taking the headliner down is on here somewhere. i have done it with the help of this site. search

Members online

No members online now.
Back