window reg

ls01

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i went to the shop intown they want $85 just to put it in i already have the part but 85 just for labor is that high?

That's probably their minimum charge. It is a little bit involved. They have to drill out some rivets and then put new ones in.

If you are talking about a window regulator just do it yourself. It is super easy. I've replaced three in my car so far and only it only me less than thirty minutes every time I did it. A second pair hands wouldn't hurt either. There's no rivets to be drilled out and it's not complictated.

well we are moving to south carolina fri and i dont want to break anything and not be able to get it fixed by this fri. i really dont know how to do it. i have taken the panel off any looked. so there is no problem with is?

if it helps its a 01 v8

Whats a regulator? Its not the actuator but with a different name right?

The window regulator is the motor and series of cables inside your door that moves the window up and down.

OOOOOOOOOH ok.Thanks.

To the OP. Do it yourself, its not that hard and you'll save money, just dont break anything. ;)

yup easy job. I've done 2 so far. The hardest part is getting the little round plastic piece out that holds it to the window.

Members online

Back