Windows up by remote

machlsowner said:
Thanks for providing the proof for the new switch design. However it also clearly says that the automatic reversal requirements are acceptable. Which he siad they were not here in response to the comment about the automatic reversal requirements.
Which is one reason the '03-'06 LS could use rocker switches--they have the bounce-back feature. I'm not necessarily taking a side here, just posting some authoritative information on the subjects; whatever conclusions you jokers draw are on your own consciences. ;)

FWIW, the NHTSA document also states that the injuries from the windows are in the single or low double digits each year, and rarely result in fatalities, or even in injuries severe enough to require admission into the hospital. I don't think that can be considered "a lot" by anyone.

All that being said, I would be less comfortable with enabling the remote roll-up on pre-'03 LSes, which do not, AFAIK, have the bounce-back safety...

I am with you on the amount of injuries. Maybe we should do away with wood. I sure there are numerous childen who get splinters. It possible if a splinter is left in for it to become very infected and require hospitilization.

With that siad ford choose to make them that way and include the feature. The requirement doesn't come into effect until late 2008.

Finally its not about sides its about stating facts and at least letting poeple know where it is your are drawing them from. I wasn't trying to be mean or say that he was completely off base (which is how it read, though), I just saying that a lot times on the web or at the local car shows, the sh** gets deep sometimes, you know whats saying.

Look like you guys ran PM80 off his own topic with all your safety arguments. Well should he decide to return or anyone else looking for this info the wire colors on the window module in the driver door are

(-) BLACK/BLUE to make them go UP
(-) BLACK/WHITE to make them go DOWN

You will have to have an alarm that has two free channels that has a (-) output in either Latched or Momentary for this to work.
And for you safety people on here I have to press two buttons at the exact same time to activate the channel that I want to use to make them work. And I always look when I roll them up just so I know that all of them are closed.

Members online

No members online now.
Back