wobble wobble

joshluvsla

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
well fellows i just got home from work and i got out of my LS and when i closed the door i noticed that the car was woobleing side to side a few times... i got a little paranoid and began to push the side pillar to see if it did it again and sure enough i rocked side to side. i dont think i ever noticed this? do u guys think it might be a suspension problem? or is that normal ive had the car for over 2 yrs and it has 74000miles on it ....LSV8 Sport....

I think this is indicative of a ball joint or wheel bearing issue. PRobably the former.

in the 00 ls8 there was a recall for the ball joint, i had to get mine replaced 4 months ago for 550 not covered under warranty nor was it part of the recall. as far as i know the ball joint is common. but i dont c that being a problem when pushing the car down, it sound more like a suspension problem. go get it checked out this weekend

joshluvsla said:
is that a common problem?

The part is called a knuckle joint (the LS doesn't have ball joints). To check it, you'll need to jack up your car, then try to move the wheel up and down. If the wheel has play in it, then you should replace the knucklejoint.

I took my car to Sears to get new tires and an alignment, they wouldn't align the car because they said I had a busted ball joint. They wouldn't give me a cost of to replace b/c no auto store had an LS balljoint (they didn't know it was a knuckle joint). I took it to a trusted mechanic and had the joints tested, there was no play in the wheel. They did the alignment and the LS runs smooth now.

Or maybe you don't know your own strength?

joshluvsla said:
well fellows i just got home from work and i got out of my LS and when i closed the door i noticed that the car was woobleing side to side a few times... i got a little paranoid and began to push the side pillar to see if it did it again and sure enough i rocked side to side. i dont think i ever noticed this? do u guys think it might be a suspension problem? or is that normal ive had the car for over 2 yrs and it has 74000miles on it ....LSV8 Sport....

Hd the same problem. New lower ball joints and control arms. $800. Drives like new.

Members online

Back