Woodgrain Removal??

PGA2B

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of changing my factory woodgrain to a gloss black finish and wanted to know if I have to take off the door panels to remove the woodgrain on them or if they are a pop fit trim panel.

Any Help?

the woodgrain on the dash pops off, the door trim is a different story. little plastic welds(?) hold it to the door panel. i just painted the entire door panel, but, you could tape it off. other than that im clueless as to how to get the woodgrain off the door panel

daves2000ls said:
the woodgrain on the dash pops off, the door trim is a different story. little plastic welds(?) hold it to the door panel. i just painted the entire door panel, but, you could tape it off. other than that im clueless as to how to get the woodgrain off the door panel

he is right. The woodgrain on the doors is held on by plastic weld spots. they are a pain in the ass to get off.

there is also thin sheet metal type screws screrwed into plastic post on there as well.

A tough job, but well worth it.

LSpaintedInterior002.jpg

LSpaintedInterior003.jpg

Wow, that looks awesome!!!!! I've been contemplating painting my woodgrain gloss black, you've convinced me to definitely go that way!!!! So, now should I just tape off the woodgrain on the doors or go to all of the trouble to pull them off?

lseguy said:
Why isnt the climate control area painted?

That part, like the radio, has tiny star bit screws. I didnt have the right size available to take it apart. The radio has a little larger screws.

I had planned at one point to finish, but it hasnt been top priority at the moment.

I will get it done soon. It really does stand out.

Members online

Back