Worst/Best car owned.

And THAT, my friend, is the only thing that really matters.

I love my VIII to death, it's everything I wanted in a car. If I were a wealthy man I'd search for a '96 LSC in mint condition with less than 20k on it, and would slap down 50k for it without batting an eyelash.

But I like your VII as well, and I'm curious about them. Never had the pleasure of driving one.

Thanks.

Mark VIIs are weird ones. If you didnt grow up as a kid loving them, I doubt you will like it. My first car at 19 was a Mark VII so its in my blood.
Same way those old farts get into their 67 Mustangs, cars they loved when they were in high school, thats how Mark VII's are to me. Needless to say Mark VII drives a million times better than any 67 Mustang can.

Mark VIII is not a bad car, but far from great. Design is awesome, one of a kind. But the driving dynamics are just average at best.

Offer me a new Mark VII or a Mark VIII and Id take 7 all the way. It has a lot more character.

I love Mark IV's! I've always thought they were cool cars since I was a kid- just the styling and all the woodgrain on the interior and that big 460 up front. I don't think mine ever got 6 MPG when I was driving it. It seemed to me around 10-15 in my '72. Since you posted a pic of your IV and VII together, I remembered I have a pic of my IV and VIII taken YEARS ago. My IV's not looking so hot in this pic, though, because it was taken during one of the times she had an issue and was sitting for a while (like she is again now, unfortunately).

Picture 223.jpg

Members online

Back