worthy xenon lights

tlaprade

LVC Member
Reaction score
does anyone have any recommendations on xenon headlights that resemble the HID without the price tag. Also, has anyone found any xenon lights for the interior of the car, if so, which company makes them and where can I get some. Thanks

Yes there is one company that I have persoanlly have and so do many on here also called Hoen Headlights. I think www.lskoncepts.com has them, spoke to Ken last week and he said he was going to start carrying there line up for the LS. If not there try http://www.hoen-usa.com/. These seem to be the fan favorite of many of us on here!

-Scott-

tlaprade said:
does anyone have any recommendations on xenon headlights that resemble the HID without the price tag. Also, has anyone found any xenon lights for the interior of the car, if so, which company makes them and where can I get some. Thanks

ohioLS said:
Yes there is one company that I have persoanlly have and so do many on here also called Hoen Headlights. I think www.lskoncepts.com has them, spoke to Ken last week and he said he was going to start carrying there line up for the LS. If not there try http://www.hoen-usa.com/. These seem to be the fan favorite of many of us on here!

-Scott-

Any particular Hoen bulbs? Or are they all great? In the pic for their titanium line it's looks a little whiter then I want. I want a little more of a blue tint

Yes if I had time I would do the research I believe Hoens are high output bulbs. From what I was told they make Silverstars look like sh!t. Never owned Silverstars so its mearly a opinion. Good luck!

-Scott-

CobraConti said:
would these better, light output wise, than Silverstars?

These are the exact bulbs I bought from them http://www.hoen-usa.com/plus.htm, you might want to contact Ken @ www.lskoncepts.com for these bulbs if they arent listed propely.

-Scott-

QUOTE=tlaprade]Any particular Hoen bulbs? Or are they all great? In the pic for their titanium line it's looks a little whiter then I want. I want a little more of a blue tint[/QUOTE]

ohioLS said:
I bought the low beams and fog lights unpluged the old ones and pluged in the new ones in a matter of 10 mins.

-Scott-

Sounds good, thanks for the recommendations. Do you have any experience with the interior dome lights and giving them the xenon effect?

No but I would be all ears for what kind and where I can get some of those bulbs for my interior also!?? So anyone who knows post away!

-Scott-

Sounds good, thanks for the recommendations. Do you have any experience with the interior dome lights and giving them the xenon effect?[/QUOTE]

I have a quick question regarding HID lighting. Are all the lights on the 2004's HID? I just got my LS and am kinda new to this whole thing.

I might stand corrected but I believe its your headlights only.

-Scott-

Visalize said:
I have a quick question regarding HID lighting. Are all the lights on the 2004's HID? I just got my LS and am kinda new to this whole thing.

Yeah, but does ever 2004 model come with HIDs or do some of them have regular headlights?

Let me chime in here. I don't know how I missed this thread today. However, I ran the Silverstars before the Hoen's. The Hoen's were brighter than the Silverstars. You can see the comparison below:

hoen2.jpg

The Hoen's have a whiter light than the Silverstars. I took this picture when I was swapping out my bulbs for the Hoen's. I now have 4300K Xetronic HID's in my car.

shop ebay for a little while and you might stumble upon a set or a left then right HID from the 04 or 05 model then all you have to do is replace a mounting bar. I do not have the part number but I do know that someone else has done it and could tell you all the details.

I think they got in on the HIDs for around 200 bux or 300 bux.

I've decided I'm gonna go with Hoen over Silverstars, but not sure which ones to get. Does anyone have the bulb type # for the '01 LS? I need his lows and fogs

KC_Valentine said:
I've decided I'm gonna go with Hoen over Silverstars, but not sure which ones to get. Does anyone have the bulb type # for the '01 LS? I need his lows and fogs
Low beams are 9006
High beams are 9005
Fogs are 9145 (or H10)

See I knew GrayGhost would soon chim in with his opinion on the matter and his expert advise. He guided me to Hoen about 6-7mths ago and now I am guiding you. Thanks for helping me Ken!

-Scott-

GrayGhost1 said:
Low beams are 9006
High beams are 9005
Fogs are 9145 (or H10)

ohioLS said:
See I knew GrayGhost would soon chim in with his opinion on the matter and his expert advise. He guided me to Hoen about 6-7mths ago and now I am guiding you. Thanks for helping me Ken!

-Scott-
No problem Scott! I really liked the Hoen bulbs when I had them in my car. Had I not converted to HID the Hoen's would have stayed. However, I still have them in my high beams.

Does anyone know if the HIDs come stock in all 2004 models? Also, how can I tell if I have HIDs?

No HIDs are a option for the LS and just about all cars. You would be able to tell by the white/blue tint that these put out plus the real deal HIDs are brighter then anything else on the road.

-Scott-

Visalize said:
Does anyone know if the HIDs come stock in all 2004 models? Also, how can I tell if I have HIDs?

Is there any way to tell by looking at the setup? I took a look at them and they look really bright white. Does that mean they are probably regular old bulbs?

You probably have HIDs you might pop the hood and look for lil black boxes up around the headlights themselves those boxes are ballasts which are used to convert 12v to a much higher voltage that is required for HIDs. Good luck other then that I wouldnt know how else to tell!

-Scott-

Visalize said:
Is there any way to tell by looking at the setup? I took a look at them and they look really bright white. Does that mean they are probably regular old bulbs?

The OEM HID's have the ballasts inside the headlights and you won't be able to tell by looking for the ballast box. However, on the factory OEM headlights there is a label on top of the headlight that warns of high voltage. I have a set of the factory HID's and the yellow caution label is on top of the headlight.

Members online

Back