WTB Mark VIII Performance Chip '94

Why do you want a used one?? Might as well just buy a new one.

Thanks for asking.
I'm cheap!

Have seen many used Mark VIII chips going for around $50.
New chips $200+.
Hoping for $50 range, but more if needed.

Basically stock car now, with plans to later switch to a "good used" 8.8" with 3.55's. (Will buy now if priced right).

Want the chip for better trans action/life, speed limiter removal, slightly better MPG, but not expecting as much as a properly tuned chip for my exact vehicle. Just looking for a little extra and a used chip fits the bill. No plans on doing any engine/intake/exhaust mods. Wife's car that we also use for highway trips.

Thanks again.

Well I don't know about the 3.55s but dern humpus "has" as far as I know a used set of 4.10's and T-loc for 200 bucks I'll get the link.

well it looks like he might have sold them maybe hell get in here. if your interested send him a pm.

Thanks but while the 4.10's would be great for around town, I'm looking more for highway gas mileage while still hooking up from standing start.

Even posi with stock gears would probably be fine for me, but bumping it to 3.55's should still allow 70-75MPH cruising at close to the current non chipped 28mpg after adding chip (hopefully).

Upgrading tires to BFG g-Force 245/50ZR16 helped a little, but still way too much wheel spin.

Back to cheap again, and have seen the stock posi carrier, good condition, 8.8" with 3.55's going for $100 to $150 on ebay at times. That is an example of how I can use the savings of buying a used chip instead of new!

Close.

Can not update post without bumping.

Thanks for looking. No longer need items.

Took less than a week to find chip on ebay for $80. Not great deal, but done.
Also during that time, found trac-loc with bonus 3.27 gears, in great shape, for $40, (also from ebay, where dozens of trac-loc's available in the $50 range). After another $45 for trac-loc rebuild kit, ended up at desired goal of "new" trac-loc and used chip for less than $200 total. For now, I am sticking with 3.07 gears. Not worth messing with pinion when only going up to "used " 3.27's. Looking for 3.73 and driveshaft soon, or perhaps 3.55's and stick with current driveshaft.

Members online

No members online now.
Back