20" Rims

shorty10

LVC Member
Reaction score
What size of tire do you guys recommend so it doesn't rub? Im thinking of going with 235/35/20 or 245/35/20 which is better

lmao Frogman is a smartass lol..... i always look forward to his responses lol.. what RIMS lol WHEELS do you have post a pic

The difference between those 2 tire sizes is pretty small. Width and offset of the rim will cause the rub. I have the 245s...no rubbing, stock springs.

Width and offset of the rim will cause the rub.

Please..not to argue but thats wrong you can run different size tires and get rid of the rub ( but some say its not good to do ). I have the 245's also and I never rubbed anything once....knock on wood cause now Ill probably shred a tire.

The issue isnt the wheel beeing that big anymore its the width of the wheel and drop with the springs you have or if you intend to get any.

Please..not to argue but thats wrong you can run different size tires and get rid of the rub ( but some say its not good to do ). I have the 245's also and I never rubbed anything once....knock on wood cause now Ill probably shred a tire.

The issue isnt the wheel beeing that big anymore its the width of the wheel and drop with the springs you have or if you intend to get any.

Dude you seem to have a compehension problem because you basically said the same thing. I didn't say tires can't cause a rub...the 2 tires he stated are very similar and both have been used by members here on 20s. Both will work with the right WIDTH and OFFSET. The rim width and offset are more important, if the rim is to wide and the offset is to big or small...it'll rub with either tire or any frickin tire.

As far as lowering I mentioned I'm at stock ride height for reference for him. So if he was lowered he could listen more to someone who is also lowered but then obviously the smaller tire would provide more clearence.

Here we go again always have to argue....you said width and offset will make it rub. I say even with width and offset it can be done by tire size.

And as far as lowering that statement was made without your ass in mind, I wasnt even thinking about you or your car.

And no it wont rub with any frickin tire idiot dont argue dude! You can stretch tires and that creats a curve in the tire makeing more room available. Of cousre there is a limit but some make it seem like you cant go past the factory limit, with stretching tires you can go past that enough to make a vissual difference and get the look you want.

Whats compehension? Oh I get it comprehension.. can you comprehend this?

yes it does it creates* "more" of a curve sorry (Ill addmit thats my fault) in the tire it rounds the tire off more so it can add more space between it and the body at the fender.

Back to the subject...if your not dooing anything fancy or extreme like dropping it so low that youll have the wheels and tires tucked and a huge lip with a wider wheel both of those sizes are good.

Your basically saying that you can make the rub go away with running to narrow a tire on a wider rim...maybe. But without knowing the width of the rim and if the offset will even put it under the car. I know what your saying but not enough info was givin, just 2 tire sizes both common for 20 users. My statement of offset and width is general but more often where people have there issues.

People who start there responses..."not to argue" oddly always do.

ok guys here is the issue. i have been looking for rims that have a big and in the ls bolt pattern 5X108 its hard. I finally found the ones i like and im getting them this week i ended up going with a 235 for the width. I'm dropping it or anything. here is a picture of the rims im getting. let me know what you think?

Not a fan of chrome but those look good can you get them polished?

Here is some pics of some oddball wheel fitments that shouldnt be but are made possible anyway....
DSCF0450.jpg

DSCF0447.jpg

DSCF0720.gif

hopefully they don't look like but yeah you can get then gunmetal or black or black with chrome. just had lse body kit put on and when i put the rims ill post pictures.

madd confused

I just bought 20s also, so what tires are the best? they're boss 327s 20x8.5 with a 40mm+ offset and I have stock 2002 sport ls springs.

i have similar rims like the one shorty10 put up but they are zenik z9's. the tire size is 245/35/20. haven't had a problem with rub at all.

RIMS.jpg

RIMS.jpg

i`m running 245/35/20 with a 20x7.5 inch rim and a +48mm offset. no rubbing issues at all and get full turning radius.

the tires on the lexus were probably done on purpose. its kinda like the thing to do in certain places. i think its called "stretching". when i was getting my rims the guy was telling me that was an option to think about when choosing my tires. not my style though.

Like black lincoln said, in the pic you can see the side wall of the tires stretched. This is common on a lot of imports and is big in Europe. It's a look that some people like but believe me you are going to pay dearly for it in the long run. The lip of your rims will look like cookie monster got a hold of them.

just wondering if tire manufacturers are aware of this "stretching" and if so, is it recommended? That cant be good for the sidewalls/tire edges. Especially during hard or performance cornering?

The lip of your rims will look like cookie monster got a hold of them.
If you are careless yes but even drift cars do it with out a problem busting out the side wall or grinding the wheels rim "in some cases". But that nots the case for most people, they useualy do it on showy type cars that dont get much abuse.

Its not about the way it looks, its about getting the right size wheel you want with the drop in ride height.

Im sorry. But i'm still not understanding.

What's the purpose of "stretching" again? Is it just for the look?
And is the look supposed to be the new "cool" thing?
My girlfriend (who is several years younger than I, and is fairly hip) saw the pic and asked "Whats wrong with the tires on that Lexus??)

And sometimes guys still dress up their cars to impress...women. (We lie and say we dont..but we aint waxing and cleaning and polishing to impress large sweaty menz)

With that in mind...

if thats the "hot" look in Europe, let it stay there. Stretching tires accomplishes the task of fitting in a fatter wheel but looks god-awful.

Not a fan. I'm not trying to increase my chances of a blow out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back