2003 Lincoln LS Stereo Problem PLEASE HELP!!

IMG_20140523_062510.jpg
Wow she came already, awesome shipping and this thing is literally mint. Better condition than my current one. Hopefully it works as well as it looks. Will find out after work !!!

IMG_20140523_062510.jpg

Guess my hope were too high. Plugged this new one in and it did the same thing. It actually makes motor noises like the CD changer is trying to do something, but eventually just says error and will not function.

Right now I'm basically just pissed that I've wasted time. I don't get much time being that I work two full time jobs and have a pregnant wife. So can someone do me a favor and save me time here. Is it a waste of time for me to dispute this transaction on paypal, or ebay or whatever? Because if I'm just going to be jumping through 25 loops and waste a week of my life just to be told I'm still f***ed and out my money... I'd rather atleast keep my time.

This is my first paypal transaction so I don't know. Let me know, thanks.

Guess my hope were too high. Plugged this new one in and it did the same thing. It actually makes motor noises like the CD changer is trying to do something, but eventually just says error and will not function.

Right now I'm basically just pissed that I've wasted time. I don't get much time being that I work two full time jobs and have a pregnant wife. So can someone do me a favor and save me time here. Is it a waste of time for me to dispute this transaction on paypal, or ebay or whatever? Because if I'm just going to be jumping through 25 loops and waste a week of my life just to be told I'm still f***ed and out my money... I'd rather atleast keep my time.

This is my first paypal transaction so I don't know. Let me know, thanks.

Isn't there a reset hole in the rear of the unit? You might try that first.

... Is it a waste of time for me to dispute this transaction on paypal, or ebay or whatever? ....

I've never had to go as far as a dispute. However, everything that I've read says that the buyer is favored in the dispute process, so I would think that it would be worth while and you should be able to get your money back.

Not that I'm seeing... where exactly?

I really don't remember. I would look towards one of the lower edges. Also, if it was shipped without the CD lock bolt the elevator may have been damaged. Did YOU remove the bolt (it there was one)?????

Thanks guys but I just slammed both of them all over the driveway. Smartest choice? No. Do I feel better? Yeah.

A lot better. Just going to be a quiet summer. God bless you guys and your LS's.

Thanks guys but I just slammed both of them all over the driveway. Smartest choice? No. Do I feel better? Yeah.

A lot better. Just going to be a quiet summer. God bless you guys and your LS's.

That said, ask your local dealer where they send their units for repair. Contact them and they will exchange your unit for a refurbished, like-new unit. I did that many, many moons ago when I installed the amp and fried the left channel. IIRC, it was $180, but for that I got basically a new unit. Also, back then aftermarket units weren't available.

So I took the time to contact the seller through eBay. To my amazement, they are sending me another one and apologized for the inconvenience. Got the tracking number already. Hopefully all works out well.

Well... hopefully it's not C4.

Members online

No members online now.
Back