2004 Lincoln LS 3.9L Overheating !! NEED HELP!

Looks fine but you might wanna put another nut on the long studs to tighten up against the first. That will keep it from backing off. don-ohio :)^)

Lok-Tite will work as well as a second nut, either solution is good. You might think about getting shorter bolts though, those are really long. Up to you though.

That was the 11pm solution. I'll cut them down when I feel like looking at that engine bay again...

Don't tests keep showing lock washers don't actually perform any better than regular washers?

I don't know, but they seem to work okay for me.

I don't know, but they seem to work okay for me.

Likewise. Anything I put lock washers on never seems to loosen up.

On a more positive note 2 days in over 90 degree weather with the AC on and my temps are consistent and stable. No dropping of the degas bottle level either. I think we can call this one a victory!

Okay. I meant to say nothing positive at all, and no difference once the engine is overheating. Of course removing it has negatives, otherwise it wouldn't be there to begin with.
- lower gas mileage
- less power
- more engine wear
- less effective cabin heater
- check engine light
- higher emissions

I didn't mean to cause a ruckus. I replaces all the plastics parts and now it isn't overheating. I'm guessing one part failed and they took the thermostat out as an attempt to cover it up. Either way, it was overheating now its not!

Yes, we are glad you fixed it. It's nice when advice is followed and (most importantly) it works. It may be that only one piece was failed now, but the rest would have gone soon too. Now you won't have to worry about it for a long time.

Yes, we are glad you fixed it. It's nice when advice is followed and (most importantly) it works. It may be that only one piece was failed now, but the rest would have gone soon too. Now you won't have to worry about it for a long time.

Now onto the rough idle. Can anyone say coils and plugs?

Now onto the rough idle. Can anyone say coils and plugs?

Do you know when the coils and plugs were last replaced with Motorcraft? If the answer is "no" or "more than 6 months", then the answer to you question is "yes"

Members online

No members online now.
Back