2006 Lincoln LS

If the LS and Mark were on teh show room floor when I made my buying decision it would have been hard but I am certain in the end I would be driving a Mark unless they had announced the end of the car before I bought it.

These are two great cars that I break my neck to watch as they pass by. I assure i do not behave like this when I see a Navi or and Avi on the road. I can care less but teh public seems to love these SUV abd Baby SUVs.

I a, preparing for a solid dissing myself which is why I have not bought the new one. sadly I might end up parking a tank of rice in my driveway next. I will try to buy one that is at least built in the US.

stateproperty3423 said:
i am so sad that the ls may kick the bucket but what happened to the talk of an 08 ls thsts fwd was that just a rumor

sorry they can call it what ever they want but if the 08 with FWD its no ls, It will be just a tarted up montego.

Everyone else has it figured out, rwd+v8+manual trans option = hot selling sport sedan. Not lincoln, they play ostrich and stick their heads in the sand.

Joeychgo said:
I talked to the Lincoln PR VP today - she would NOT confirm that the LS is going. When I asked about the LS being cancelled, she said:

The LS continues for the 2006 model year with the V8 model. We can't talk about future models, but I can say not all rumors are accurate. Remember, next year we have the new Aviator coming as well. Our Lincolns are going to get more and more exciting!

okay next time ask the vp when are we going to get a manual trans so we can something compare to the CTS/Audi/BMW's

Joeychgo said:
I talked to the Lincoln PR VP today - she would NOT confirm that the LS is going. When I asked about the LS being cancelled, she said:

The LS continues for the 2006 model year with the V8 model. We can't talk about future models, but I can say not all rumors are accurate. Remember, next year we have the new Aviator coming as well. Our Lincolns are going to get more and more exciting!
I'll believe it when I see it. If they do not at least match or exceed the current LS stature then I probably won't be looking into it. If Lincoln makes it into a FWD then that basically destroys all of the attributes of the LS. RWD or even AWD is the only acceptable method. If the LS is not offered in 2007 then I may end up going German. I'll be ready to buy another car in 2007.

eL eS said:
TOTAL MSRP $47,990.00
EMPLOYEE PRICE $42,675.65
CASH BACK ($3,500.00)

For 37,100.00 you can't tell me these guys still don't have wiggle room.

employee price is the cheapest price you can sell it for. You cant F_ck with the A-plan price, thats a good ass deal.

GrayGhost1 said:
I'll believe it when I see it. If they do not at least match or exceed the current LS stature then I probably won't be looking into it. If Lincoln makes it into a FWD then that basically destroys all of the attributes of the LS. RWD or even AWD is the only acceptable method. If the LS is not offered in 2007 then I may end up going German. I'll be ready to buy another car in 2007.

I have been reading some stuff over at edmunds and it seems that GM is committed to producing car with rwd now. The pending G8 for example is slated to be rwd.

It is like the North and south poles are changing polarity.

Krib-Master said:
employee price is the cheapest price you can sell it for. You cant F_ck with the A-plan price, thats a good ass deal.

I am still speaking with sales personal and sales managers and they are all postering and speaking like they have room to give on the cars I am looking at.

On another note. I am going to check out the 05 GTO tomorrow.

Joeychgo said:

She is an idiot. Let's see. Are more bloated SUV's Exciting? A Lincoln Pickup truck is exciting? (the Blackwood flopped and so it the Mark LT). The Zephry? It a Front Wheel Drive Mazda for crap sakes!!!!!!!

You ask about the LS and she deflects you to the Aviator?

Real exitement for sure. I would like to talk to her and show her the Cadillac line up of V's. Now there is the excitement.

What Lincoln will now be left with is old dealers (the ones who killed the LS) carriage tops, and feeding off of Buicks scraps (blue hairs).

I love my LS but wish I was not so upside down. I will probably be getting a German car next ( in a couple of years)

I now have an 03, thinking about getting an 06 before they are history. Don't know what will happen. My wife loves the car, but I am also considering just going to another manufacturer. I know I won't get a FWD LS.
I haven't seen an LS commercial in over a year. Seems like Lincoln is trying to make it die a slow death. What gets me is the LS came out with a wonderful engineering/handling design. Then nothing upgraded. BMW, Lexus, Infinity, Cadillac have progressed with their models. I haven't seen any auto magazine compare the LS with comparable makes in over 2 yrs. The LS isn't considered a player anymore. It is always Cadillac, BMW, Lexus.
Lousy beancounters.

doug03ls said:
I now have an 03, thinking about getting an 06 before they are history. Don't know what will happen. My wife loves the car, but I am also considering just going to another manufacturer. I know I won't get a FWD LS.
I haven't seen an LS commercial in over a year. Seems like Lincoln is trying to make it die a slow death. What gets me is the LS came out with a wonderful engineering/handling design. Then nothing upgraded. BMW, Lexus, Infinity, Cadillac have progressed with their models. I haven't seen any auto magazine compare the LS with comparable makes in over 2 yrs. The LS isn't considered a player anymore. It is always Cadillac, BMW, Lexus.
Lousy beancounters.
I would suspect too that the 2006 LS/LSE will be heavily decontented. This means they'll skimp on everything to get rid of this car. It really saddens me to see this car go to the way side. IMHO, I think Lincoln pushed Cadillac, BMW and so on to build even better cars. I think Lincoln scared them which might not have been a bad thing.

It frustrates me to no end that I am ripe for the pciking right now to buy a car and the LS is a car that I really am in love with but I am hesitant to buy it becasue I do not want to be on a sinking ship. It appears that it is taking on water so I am out there trying to find another RWD car with superb handling to fall in love with again.

At least I love the car I am driving right now but I want not need, a new car and with the heffer or zypher or whaterever they are calling coming out being just lipsticked up mazda as well asthe avi/navi lines are just as un-original products; I can't seem to commit to the LS.

So I am not going to rush now and make a snap decision on my purchase. This marks the first time I have ever considered looking at GM and Dodge.Chrysler products in all my 20 years of car buying.

Since the 00 is mine I am certain I am going to keep it so the need for a four door car will not be an issue. So I am looking at the GTO and the Z. I leased a Z for two yrs and it was a great car and one I would love to own it.

Seems like the LS forums will be just for talking about the days of old soon rather than the years ahead.

It's a shame the LS is going away. The design is 7 years old and it is still by far the purest American sports sedan. Nothing else comes as close to matching the BMW sport sedan experience. If only they'd put a little more effort into quality and marketing...

I'm looking at buying a new car, too, right now, and it won't be an LS. That suspension is just a little too tight with a little too much road feel for my taste. I can't imagine myself in an LS with the sport suspension.

eL eS, if you are in the market for a new car and want an LS, go ahead and buy one. Yes, when it's discontinued and you're driving an orphan the car's resale value will be hurt, but if you buy for the right price and keep it a long time it won't matter. It's not like it's going to be hard to get parts for. Drive what you love.

Me, as soon as I can find a Dodge Charger R/T on the lot that's optioned the way I want, that's what I'm buying. Bigger and faster than the LS, but not really even close in handling. That's fine, though, I'm more of a touring kind of guy anyway.

Dutch said:
It's a shame the LS is going away. The design is 7 years old and it is still by far the purest American sports sedan. Nothing else comes as close to matching the BMW sport sedan experience. If only they'd put a little more effort into quality and marketing...

I'm looking at buying a new car, too, right now, and it won't be an LS. That suspension is just a little too tight with a little too much road feel for my taste. I can't imagine myself in an LS with the sport suspension.

eL eS, if you are in the market for a new car and want an LS, go ahead and buy one. Yes, when it's discontinued and you're driving an orphan the car's resale value will be hurt, but if you buy for the right price and keep it a long time it won't matter. It's not like it's going to be hard to get parts for. Drive what you love.

Me, as soon as I can find a Dodge Charger R/T on the lot that's optioned the way I want, that's what I'm buying. Bigger and faster than the LS, but not really even close in handling. That's fine, though, I'm more of a touring kind of guy anyway.

I love the sport suspension on this car and I doo keep my cars much longer than most folks. I am definitely keeping my 00 V6 LS I can't see only getting 5 or 6 k for the car when after all things considered it is still a great car now that I have been through just about every repair one can imagine.

I have to fins some way to convince msleft that one of these two LS' I am looking at is what I want.

I stopped by the dodge/chrylser dealerships yesterday looking at the charger and the 300. I didn't drive them becasue I just couldn't sem to muster up that I must have feeling.

I did go look at a GTO but the dealer closed at 7pm. That was weird. I didn't expect that on a Saturday. Pontic must me doing well these days. I feel like I am acting like a spoiled brat with this purchase. I love this car but knowing it is going to get the axe and it stinks with resell are things I just can't seem to get over.

Maybe some therapy will help with this. I am repressing some bitter feelings from my current ownership experience. :)

dpboone said:
Took my 2001 (73000 miles) in for an alignment. While I was there, I test drove a new 2006. If this is truly the last year for the LS, they really wasted a lot of steel and plastic. The interior is AWFUL. Looks like a $25K car instead of a 48K car. My 2001 V8 will blow the doors off of the new V8. What is everyone going to do when the LS they are driving needs to be retired? I drove Mercedes S class (owned 2) for years. Parts cost were awful. I drive 25K per year (bought the 2001 in 2003 with 21K on it). Have had all the major repairs that everyone has until you hit 60K miles. Luckily most were covered by the 50K mile warranty. Hydrol. Fan replacement was the last one that I had to pay for.

Any comp. replacement for the LS on the horizon?
I agree with you that the interior on the 03 and up LS's are not the greatest. On the other hand I strongly disagree that you could pull on the new V8's. I'm not sure how other stock LS's run at the track but I have turned a 14.58 at 95mph in my 101% bone stock LS. It then backed that time up with a string of 14.60's. As a matter of fact the car ran so good that I cant get anyone to believe me when I tell them. I knew the second I drove this thing off the lot I had myself a hell spawn factory freak. I've made quite a bit of money racing stock to lightly modded mark VIII's, Mauraders and stock 99 and up automatic GT mustangs.

OH4LS said:
I agree with you that the interior on the 03 and up LS's are not the greatest. On the other hand I strongly disagree that you could pull on the new V8's. I'm not sure how other stock LS's run at the track but I have turned a 14.58 at 95mph in my 101% bone stock LS. It then backed that time up with a string of 14.60's. As a matter of fact the car ran so good that I cant get anyone to believe me when I tell them. I knew the second I drove this thing off the lot I had myself a hell spawn factory freak. I've made quite a bit of money racing stock to lightly modded mark VIII's, Mauraders and stock 99 and up automatic GT mustangs.
With an earlier mod'ed LS with an intake, exhaust system and PCM reflash a 2003 and up LS would not be a match for it. The one thing that will kill the later model LS's would be the drive by wire. There is a delayed response in this and the earlier LS's do not have this. I know this for a fact since I had a loaner LS once while mine was in the shop. It's a noticable difference that would make later model LS owners jealous.

dpboone said:
Took my 2001 (73000 miles) in for an alignment. While I was there, I test drove a new 2006. If this is truly the last year for the LS, they really wasted a lot of steel and plastic. The interior is AWFUL. Looks like a $25K car instead of a 48K car. My 2001 V8 will blow the doors off of the new V8. What is everyone going to do when the LS they are driving needs to be retired? I drove Mercedes S class (owned 2) for years. Parts cost were awful. I drive 25K per year (bought the 2001 in 2003 with 21K on it). Have had all the major repairs that everyone has until you hit 60K miles. Luckily most were covered by the 50K mile warranty. Hydrol. Fan replacement was the last one that I had to pay for.

Any comp. replacement for the LS on the horizon?

The 06's haven't been delivered yet. You must have driven a left over V6. The VVT V8 has 30 more horses, and about the same more torque than the 00-02 V8's. Also, the "family pricing" is for the '05's only. At least, for now.

GrayGhost1 said:
With an earlier mod'ed LS with an intake, exhaust system and PCM reflash a 2003 and up LS would not be a match for it. The one thing that will kill the later model LS's would be the drive by wire. There is a delayed response in this and the earlier LS's do not have this. I know this for a fact since I had a loaner LS once while mine was in the shop. It's a noticable difference that would make later model LS owners jealous.
Well unfortunatly I was never talking about throwing on intakes, chips and exhaust systems. I said my car ran those times completely stock with the AC seats running. Now if you want to start talking about modding this and modding that then add those mods you mentioned to my car and we will be back square 1.

OH4LS said:
Well unfortunatly I was never talking about throwing on intakes, chips and exhaust systems. I said my car ran those times completely stock with the AC seats running. Now if you want to start talking about modding this and modding that then add those mods you mentioned to my car and we will be back square 1.
Unfortunately, about the only thing you can add to the 03 and up LS's will be a KKM intake kit and that's only proved about 5 - 8 additional HP. No manufactuer makes an "off the shelf" exhaust system for the 2003 and up LS. Lincoln claims they have a much less restrictive exhaust system on the 03 an up LS's. Now, flashing the PCM will probably give you the most bang for your buck when dealing with the later model LS's. However, comparing the two would only be soldified by having them go head to head.

You have realize that the 2003 and up V8 LS is rated by Lincoln at 280 HP and it is very subjective at that. We had a dyno day here in our area about a year ago and I had my LS on the dyno and an new 2003 LS as well. If I remember correctly, (I don't have the dyno sheets in front of me) the modded early model LS out performed the stock 2003 LS by quite a bit. There's so much turnip juice you can get out of the 3.9L V8 engine regardless of how many aftermarket items you put on it.

GrayGhost1 said:

Well crap I just bought a TBW LSE. hopefully they will be able to hack this thing to reduce the lag.

eL eS said:
Well crap I just bought a TBW LSE. hopefully they will be able to hack this thing to reduce the lag.
With you having a pre-03 LS you will notice a difference but after driving a while you won't notice it. After about 3 days having the loaner I was use to it and anticipated it. However, someone that has never driven an LS before would never notice it.

I'd venture to guess that that might be a programming issue that can more than likely be tweaked. However, that's merely a guess.

What a sad day it will be once again if the LS is cancelled! I hope someone at FLM gets there attuide straightened out and sees that the US market wants green cars and RWD cars more then those d@mn SUVs. If not sorry to say but I am going to have to buy a Jaguar XJR instead of a fwd LS.

I wish a FLM executive would join us on here for a chat setion, it sure would be nice to clear up this murky water of questions that we all seem to have.

-Scott-

GrayGhost1 said:
Unfortunately, about the only thing you can add to the 03 and up LS's will be a KKM intake kit and that's only proved about 5 - 8 additional HP. No manufactuer makes an "off the shelf" exhaust system for the 2003 and up LS. Lincoln claims they have a much less restrictive exhaust system on the 03 an up LS's. Now, flashing the PCM will probably give you the most bang for your buck when dealing with the later model LS's. However, comparing the two would only be soldified by having them go head to head.

You have realize that the 2003 and up V8 LS is rated by Lincoln at 280 HP and it is very subjective at that. We had a dyno day here in our area about a year ago and I had my LS on the dyno and an new 2003 LS as well. If I remember correctly, (I don't have the dyno sheets in front of me) the modded early model LS out performed the stock 2003 LS by quite a bit. There's so much turnip juice you can get out of the 3.9L V8 engine regardless of how many aftermarket items you put on it.
Again, the original poster and I was never talking about modding anything. He simply said the 03+ interior was garbage which I agreed but he went on to say his 01 (no mods listed) would blow the doors off a 03+ and stock for stock I simply disagreed. Besides I would never want to mod or alter how smooth and quiet my ride is anyway. In 101% bone stock trim 14.58 at 95mph is just fine for me.

Members online

No members online now.
Back