2006 Lincoln LS

OH4LS said:
In 101% bone stock trim 14.58 at 95mph is just fine for me.

well -
the published numbers on the LS are:
03 v8 - 15.1 @94 (lincoln) 15.02 @92.8 (MotorTrend)
01 v8 - 15.5 @90.9

Quik LS said:
well -
01 v8 - 15.5 @90.9
Doesn't look like door busting differences there. I stand by my theory of earlier discussions.

Quik LS said:
well -
01 v8 - 15.5 @90.9
I have 2 other friends with totally stock 03 V8's running 14.60's and 14.70's at 94mph. (So much for motor trend) We simply fold in the door mirrors, quarter tank of gas, yank the spare tire-jack, select D4 on the shifter, turn off T/C and we found that the car likes to leave the line with a 1,200rpm brake hold and not a hair above. This combo has netted myself 14.50's-14.80's ALL DAY LONG. I had maurader guys and mark VIII guys searching my trunk for NOS and eye balling my engine for mods (none found) because they said "but motor trend said 15.0's?"

Any Dyno proof? Timeslips?....

I know manufacturer numbers can be mis-leading for various compliance or competitive reasons - but MotorTrend usually does actual timing runs to get there numbers.

It seems that other 03+ owners are getting close to the advertised numbers.

Quik LS said:
Any Dyno proof? Timeslips?....

I know manufacturer numbers can be mis-leading for various compliance or competitive reasons - but MotorTrend usually does actual timing runs to get there numbers.

It seems that other 03+ owners are getting close to the advertised numbers.
What would a time slip prove? I could get a time slip from anyone. I've had more problems trying to tell people 03+ is capable of 14's than actaully getting the car to run those unheard of times. I've never been to much of a magazine racer myself. Well im going to get back on the subject of the original post. It was that the 03 interior is garbage which I agreed but I disagreed with when he said his stock 01 could pull away from the 03 V8.

just never heard of a stock 03 LS hittting mid-14s

Well - maybe his 01 LS has some :magic: too... I've never heard of a stock 01 hitting mid-14's either.

Quik LS said:
just never heard of a stock 03 LS hittting mid-14s

Well - maybe his 01 LS has some :magic: too... I've never heard of a stock 01 hitting mid-14's either.
lsforums.com has a host of ls owners in stock 03+ls's going 14's till they run out of gas. Im not the only one.

OH4LS said:
lsforums.com has a host of ls owners in stock 03+ls's going 14's till they run out of gas. Im not the only one.

lsforums.com? - - - - - link not working - - - - - -

You do realize that many of us (me included) are very active members of the LLSOC?

there ain't no mid-14 LSes there.....

Quik LS said:
You do realize that many of us (me included) are very active members of the LLSOC?

Are you saying that I did not turn 14's in a stock LS? It is very possible sir.

Not saying that - saying you have the fastest stock LS I ever heard of @ 14.58.

and this statement:
OH4LS said:

seems off the mark.... What is your handle in the LLSOC? Where are all these mid-14 LSes.

Quik LS said:

Are you saying that im lying because it gets my jollies of to sit and bs on a forum? I ran a 14.58 in a totally stock LS period.

OH4LS said:
Are you saying that im lying because it gets my jollies of to sit and bs on a forum? I ran a 14.58 in a totally stock LS period.

still not answering the questions /cough..cough

Well - you said:

OH4LS said:

- got the site wrong, aren't a member of it, and can't tell us who over there is stock and running mid-14's all day long.....

sorry to call you out on a public forum - 14.58 in a bone stock LS - you should be very happy with the fastest LS ever.

Quik LS said:
Well - you said:

- got the site wrong, aren't a member of it, and can't tell us who over there is stock and running mid-14's all day long.....

sorry to call you out on a public forum - 14.58 in a bone stock LS - you should be very happy with the fastest LS ever.
Well sir on the very wonderful day I was turning above satifactory times at the track there was alittle click of ls's there going high 14's and when a few came over to check out my ride they asked if I ever heard of that web. I said no sir. They said they were having a ls get together from that forum so check it out and see if you can do a search. Mean while I will be getting back on the main topic of the forum.

Gas Pedal does not actually push a mechanical cable to move the tottle - but is fully electronic - sending a signal to an actuator on the TB.

Since this is fully electronic - there is a 'bit' of a delay when stepping on it - vs the feedback you get on the older mechanical gas pedal.

Members online

No members online now.
Back