285's

SPSully

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
ok so I know a few people on here have 285 on the backs. What are your offests? I'm looking to run a 285 and a 10" wheel but I cant for the life me keep the offest numbers straight

ok so I know a few people on here have 285 on the backs. What are your offests? I'm looking to run a 285 and a 10" wheel but I cant for the life me keep the offest numbers straight

i have 9.5 in wheel, 60mm offset and 285s are supposed to work fine i would say for a 10 in you would want around a 48 offset i think someone else chime in please

hmmm yes please! And if you can post pics of how the offest sits in the wheel well that would be an added bonus!

well i do know that the 60mm offset on the 9.5 sits perfect. So the smaller the offset the farther it will stick out so in my head and ok math a 10 in wheel is a half in wider wich means the 10 in wheel will sick out roughly 12mm so 60 minus 12= 48 Does this make sense??

you can kinda see here, too cold to go grab a pic sorry....also if your going with 18s the stype R wheels are 323 per wheel. its a good price , i talked him down and told him to update his site with the new price cuz i said guys would want them ... jpam.com

032.jpg

well i do know that the 60mm offset on the 9.5 sits perfect. So the smaller the offset the farther it will stick out so in my head and ok math a 10 in wheel is a half in wider wich means the 10 in wheel will sick out roughly 12mm so 60 minus 12= 48 Does this make sense??

tough to tell from that pic. I want them to sit just inside.... I'm not opposed to rolling the fenders... but from the tire calculator i found online i would need 66mm offset to stay where yours sit

Correct, if you wanted the outside of the 10" wheel to sit exactly as the 9.5" wheels do with the +60mm offset you will need a +66mm offset on the 10" wheel.
Previous poster's math was a little off. 60mm + 12.5mm/2 = 66mm for your 10" wheel. The offset must be added in order to keep the outside of the wheel face at the same plane as the original. The addition of only 6mm and not 12 is necessary because relative to the center of the wheel the 10" is 6mm larger on each side than the 9.5mm wheel.

offset.gif

Those are going to be some meaty wheels under there for sure. Love to see them when they are finished.

i dont see it happening. I cant find them. American Racing doesnt make them according to the guy I was talking to from them. They just sell them. I dont know who was the original makers.

whos logo is this?

mustangtuning_2038_41022152

I am not sure who makes them, but you can get them all over the place, I am pretty sure they are an imported part, most likely from china, which makes getting them in a different bolt pattern a little harder. You would probably have better luck boring a new set of holes in your hubs for the mustang bolt pattern, it would open up a ton of wheel options. Those are the Mustang FR500 style wheel.

Here is another place that sells them.

http://www.oewheelsdirect.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_7&products_id=12

Correct, if you wanted the outside of the 10" wheel to sit exactly as the 9.5" wheels do with the +60mm offset you will need a +66mm offset on the 10" wheel.
Previous poster's math was a little off. 60mm + 12.5mm/2 = 66mm for your 10" wheel. The offset must be added in order to keep the outside of the wheel face at the same plane as the original. The addition of only 6mm and not 12 is necessary because relative to the center of the wheel the 10" is 6mm larger on each side than the 9.5mm wheel.

offset.gif

Those are going to be some meaty wheels under there for sure. Love to see them when they are finished.

man i was close, thanks for clarifying:D

Wow, are the security levels on this forum just a little tight or what? Read a thread and send someone an email, come back to the thread and it needs login again.......at any rate I've emailed a wheel expert I know with a pic of the 'R' center capped wheel to see if he knows what it is. No promises but this guy is pretty knowledgeable when it come to wheels and tires.

Last edited:
What you can do is pull your hubs off and put a new set of holes for wheel studs on the mustang bolt center. They will fit in the spaces between the current studs. I almost did it on my car for my snow tires, I have a set of mustang wheels with snows on them, but found a set of lincoln wheels. With the right equipment it would not be hard to do.

all i have for that wold be a drill press.... and I doubt thats enough. I 'm wondering what kind of place would do that. Machine shop might, maybe a auto shop...idk

You would definately want a machine shop, it can be done on a mill. The fronts will be a little tricky to hold, but it is doable. There rears will be really easy. I would say this would be a better option than trying to get wheels custom set up for the lincoln bolt pattern, then you would be able to use any mustang wheel.

Sully, thanks for the PM. Sorry I didnt text you I forget my phone at home when I left for Atlantic Sh*t Hole.

I know loads of people anymore that drill the hubs. Some people have common patterns but find a set of mint used wheels for a dirt cheap price and cant resist.

As far as the offset, you know what I have to say. Bump down the offset so it sits flush and knock down a size or two on tire width and make it work!

Sully, thanks for the PM. Sorry I didnt text you I forget my phone at home when I left for Atlantic Sh*t Hole.

I know loads of people anymore that drill the hubs. Some people have common patterns but find a set of mint used wheels for a dirt cheap price and cant resist.

As far as the offset, you know what I have to say. Bump down the offset so it sits flush and knock down a size or two on tire width and make it work!

if I go with a 9" wheel I can do a 54mm offset, but its still pretty high for wheels like the FR500's intended to go on stangs with offsets in the 30's. I have found somethat make it to 50mm but they are a 10.5 inch wheel. Thats why im looking for people running the fatter tires to see what their offset is. I have 275s on my 7.5" wheel, but they arent supposed to be there and sure as hell wont work with something bigger (285,295, etc) I am down sizing wheel diameter so the side walls will have more play, but i dont feel like messing with it anymore. time to get the right size wheel for the right size tire.

Members online

Back