3:46 AM pulled over (tinted windows)

yeah i need to read up on the law's here in IL for tints i hear stuff from people but i wanna be 100% sure about them

and yeah im with (silver ls) i agree " it is your property and you don't have to let people see whats inside " 100% true some laws are just :q:q:q:qing weird what about some restaurants and bars they have tinted windows why don't cops give them the same :q:q:q:q they give us with cars

Oh, yah I cant wait to move to PA. NJ cops are big time ass holes.

Oh, yah I cant wait to move to PA. NJ cops are big time ass holes.

i dont know, i had 1 run in after i crossed the commadore barry bridge. my cad converter had snapped off right after the header. it was loud as hell. he pulled me over doing 60 in a 45 and let me off with a warning. but i work like 3 miles past the bridge, so i don't spend a lot of time on nj roads.

yeah i need to read up on the law's here in IL for tints i hear stuff from people but i wanna be 100% sure about them

and yeah im with (silver ls) i agree " it is your property and you don't have to let people see whats inside " 100% true some laws are just :q:q:q:qing weird what about some restaurants and bars they have tinted windows why don't cops give them the same :q:q:q:q they give us with cars

And how EVERY limo and cab can get away with it.....24/7

The factory tinted Suv's and Limos do not have their front windows tinted. I live in NJ, and any tint on the front windows is illegal no matter what the darkness is. I bet most of you have all your windows tinted not just the back 3. And the factory tint on Suv's is 35% some 45% so its not really to dark. These is where you gotta read up on your state laws. And as for the HID's , in NJ if it is a true HID and a white light it is legal. If it is a blue color or purple it is illegal.

The factory tinted Suv's and Limos do not have their front windows tinted. I live in NJ, and any tint on the front windows is illegal no matter what the darkness is. I bet most of you have all your windows tinted not just the back 3. And the factory tint on Suv's is 35% some 45% so its not really to dark. These is where you gotta read up on your state laws. And as for the HID's , in NJ if it is a true HID and a white light it is legal. If it is a blue color or purple it is illegal.

Off topic but you are dead wrong. Non factory HID lighting is prohibited in the US no matter what the kelvin is cause the DOT ( unless somethings changed very recently ) does not approve them.

I live in NJ, any blue, purple, green etc,... etc,...lights in the headlights and turn signals or anywhere else on the exterior of he car is not allowed but not as big of a offense where they will pull everyone over they see. Any non amber turn signals is prohibited by the DOT in the US as well but some cops don't wanna deal with something so petty. Its also a safety issue considering most people associate white with reverse.

My highlander has all 4 passenger windows tinted along with the rear. It is legal cause DOT approves factory tint in any sate.

Another thing that is a bunch of sh*t with tint is say I am allowed to have all 4 and the rear tinted as dark as I want in the state I live and I drive to say a state that you are only allowed to have 35%. They can pull you over and fine you and it is legit! That is a bunch of sh*t if you ask me!

I would love to see a pic of your Suv with all the windows with factory tint. Unless you are talking about solar tint which is not the same and I don't know about all the Ls's but mine has factory solar tint. Not the same as a reguar Suv tint. And as for going into another state and getting a ticket for the tints, you can fight that and win. Your car is not registered, insured or titled in that state. You only have to obey local laws like speed and wreckless etc. Most states give the tint tickets because they don't think you will travel back there to go to court. But it is something you can fight and win. I know from experience. From tint tickets in Pa, Oh, Va, Ga, Ny, and both Nc and Sc. Fought all of them and won. Oh and my favorite was in myrtle beach, when the spped limit sign was laying on the ground and I was traveling the same speed as traffic and i was picked out doing 10 mph over. Needless to say I went right back to photos of everything and beat that ticket.

I would love proof that you fought all those tickets! It dont work no matter where your vehicle is registered you are still in violation of the states law!

You have no way fighting DOT regulations!

And as for going into another state and getting a ticket for the tints, you can fight that and win. Your car is not registered, insured or titled in that state. You only have to obey local laws like speed and wreckless etc.

in pa, if your over 21 and ride a motorcycle, you don't need a helmet. but as soon as you cross into nj you'll get a ticket for not wearing one.

Members online

No members online now.
Back