A lil race with a new mustang gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackMark8Li

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
so I'll start off by saying I lost. so this new 05 gt with blue neon lights underneath the entire car was next to me one this 2 lane road, then he gets in front and we go onto an entrance ramp getting onto a hwy and I was in 3rd with o/d off.. so he takes off and I follow however he TOOK OFF... he got pretty far ahead(really gaining, I'd have to say he was about 20 car lenghts ahead of me and I was floored at 100. we slowed down cause of traffic and a lil bit further up he was still ahead of me and we both took off again at about 60 or so, I stayed up better with him this time, he only gained a few car lenghts before I started to gain on him but I slowed down at 130.. probally would've passed him had we kept on going. idk if he had work done to his car or not but it was faster than I had expected.

i;ve raced them on the highway, i can't pass them, they always stay ahead of me.

yeah those neon lights add 50HP to the wheels...lol. yeah there is no way in hell a 05 stang GT can pull away 20 cars on us! do not worry if he went to mustang magic his car is going to probably last 2 weeks before something goes wrong... haha!

Got smoked by a GT? Like a Mustang or something? At least you were riding in comfort.

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
yeah those neon lights add 50HP to the wheels...lol. yeah there is no way in hell a 05 stang GT can pull away 20 cars on us! do not worry if he went to mustang magic his car is going to probably last 2 weeks before something goes wrong... haha!

Yes but 2 LvC stickes = 100hp

Jibit said:
but alone arent' they only like 25hp? :N

You have to run them through the formula - It and Exponential increase by putting to together.

See you loose a lot of the resistance from the first to the second so there is more power available for from the second one. :slap: It's simple to understand... :slap: You know basic Quantum Physis
hp = (vf - vo)/t

DUDE! You absolutley need to react and take off faster than him, You would most likely pull for a few seconds or stay right with him. Is this somebody you know? If it is do it from a 40, and have either one of you do a beepdown of three. (beep three times)

the 05 has 20 more hp and is lighter - why is it surprising that they are faster than we are, stock for stock?

They still using the 4.6's? I heard they went to the 5.4's this year.. atleast for the new saleens anywayz

Its not suprising, They are obviously faster.... But how come its a number game with which car is faster? On every car forum? I think that my car could hang with a mustang from a 40 roll. Especially a stock one.

They have a SOHC 3V 4.6L It makes more horsepower (300HP) and more torque (320 ft/lbs) in a lighter weight car. Its not a number game, the cars arent even close. :p

If it was a Mustang GT same year as my Mark VIII(98) itd be a totally different story. (Stock for Stock)

My car is def not stock. I have a bunch of mods done and yet he still handed me my ass, so he I believe had mods done to his car. I can't say for certain since we had just met on the road. and he did get the jump on me both times because I was being yelled at by my g/f and slapped a few times.. ;) specially the first time, he was ahead of me and he got out of the turn first so he accelerated first, which is why he got so far ahead of me. the second time he only gained a few lenghts but even still... with my mods I should be at worst low 14's at best high 13's and isn't the gt a like 14 second flat car? so If he was stock I would've held up with him MUCH better.

You guys would've been able to see my mods had my entire list of mods on my profile not been deleted... I just added a few things however I can't fit my entire list of mods. Thanks to the software update which in my opinion wasn't needed, the profiles were fine just the way they were. There is no need to have to choose what my engine displacement and the rest of the questions ince we all have the same car just about. How about what my transmission type is and only have 3 choices.. so rather than say I have shift kit and a stall, I now have a hybrid?? thats so stupid

tupacglock said:
They have a SOHC 3V 4.6L It makes more horsepower (300HP) and more torque (320 ft/lbs) in a lighter weight car. Its not a number game, the cars arent even close. :p

If it was a Mustang GT same year as my Mark VIII(98) itd be a totally different story. (Stock for Stock)
98's = The slowest of the lot.

He's saying a race between a 98 Mustang and a 98 Mark would be a different story. Not an 05 though. :cool:

Edit: Did you edit your post or am I going crazy... HA

I think I could hang with an auto 05' from a 35-40 mph roll. My car is stock except for exhaust and a shift kit.

Yah, our cars have a mean 35mph shift and go; just as long as your trans can handle it. That's how I blew mine last October, no more whiplash for me. booo

MarkVIII93 said:
I think I could hang with an auto 05' from a 35-40 mph roll. My car is stock except for exhaust and a shift kit.

I actually forgot to add that part, he had a manual tranny.

Well that changes everyhting, from a dig. But higher speeds.... I dont know. He could keep it in first and punch it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back