Anyone interested in full led interior conversions?

As of now all I have is what's pictured plus 1 heated seat switch (not shown) dimmer switch (also not shown) and the other 2 passenger window switches.this partial kit is I believe fire the 00/02 LS model.

I would need 03/04 parts for conversion

I can offer this kit with core return and you the buyer just throw in with core the remaining switches needed to complete your conversion.

As soon as I receive everything I will convert and mail right back.

I think I might make a run to the yard this Friday, I have 2 extra message center buttons now.

I had a complete interior found but the guy wouldn't get back with price.

Hopefully you can find the parts or you can do like lsemex and mail me everything.

Like I say sometimes to get what you want you have to give up alittle to get it.lol

I'm actually working on his stuff right now, check this out...

Before
20130215_223532.jpg
[/IMG]

After
20130215_224614.jpg
[/IMG]

See how great that looks, there is no modification needed for the conversions so your switches stay oem.

the blue or the white looks good. I will go for the white. get the list of bulbs and a quick write up and I will pay the 130 for it.

Most of the switches on the 03/04 use green led

The 01/02 model LS most of the switches use bulbs with socket.

I replace the bulb in socket with led

The only real difficult part is the info center and power mirror switch for the 01/02 model LS

The 03/04 hasn't been very hard since all I have to do is replace the leds and resistors.it is time consuming though.

Have you done any of the lights inside the gauge cluster? Is mex having those done as well?

I have not but i will,I believe he will be sending his cluster for me to convert.

I think your LS cluster is the same as the rest of the ford family,If thats the case all i have to do is remove the green film behind the gauge face and install the leds in place of the old bulbs

I have not but i will,I believe he will be sending his cluster for me to convert.

I think your LS cluster is the same as the rest of the ford family,If thats the case all i have to do is remove the green film behind the gauge face and install the leds in place of the old bulbs

The LS has the green film on the back as well. Looks like you do some nice work.

Thank you! And yes! I knew it!.

Well to get that green film off you need to remove the instrument cluster. separate the two halves pop the needles off (make sure to mark the needle position on the face first.use tape).peel the gauge face off then ether sand it off or use laquer thinner and a cottonswap(you will need plenty of swabs for this
for this method)

Thus is what the back of the face should look like when done.
I used laquer thinner for my gauge face,

20121209_104843.jpg
[/IMG]

once i was done i was able to do this...
20130118_084655.jpg
[/IMG]

My gauge face installed

after green film removal
20121017_175158.jpg
[/IMG]

after green film removal and led mod
20130106_173704.jpg
[/IMG]

blue gauge face looks brighter then what it is only because its sitting on the counter.

once installed the face wont be so bright.

Too bad the light doesn't disperse better (and it wasn't so BRIGHT!!). The area where the "bulb" is is brighter than the rest of the face. Reminds me of the days before back-lit gauges.

I know..... I sound like Debbie Downer....

Too bad the light doesn't disperse better (and it wasn't so BRIGHT!!). The area where the "bulb" is is brighter than the rest of the face. Reminds me of the days before back-lit gauges.

You are correct though it's just to bright for the cluster.....Double Debbie Downer!

the bottom gaugeface shown i purposely did it that way.

i wanted a red line since there is non in my car's instrument face so i did it that way,lol

in our ford focus the bulb points are to spread out and there are only 4 sockets available to disperse light.i had to do led all around the face.it took forever!!!!

if your talking about the top pic yes your right,the light is just in one place,

i was trying different lighting methods during that phase

i still have to put better white lighting at the points you were speaking of but im in chicago and its to cold for that $h%#t right now.

LEDs are dimmable and you can get LEDs that 'spread' better, they have a flat or angled top. I think they're called defused or something like that.

Remember,i dont own an LS so the socket points might be different so the lighting could be better then in my focus,besides there are alot of bulb types now so you can experiment and choose which type evens out the lighting in your cluster.

I guess you guys can just leave all that dirty work up to me then you can just reap the benifits,hahahahahaha

now i must go and finish up this LS Heater control LED swap.

LEDs are dimmable and you can get LEDs that 'spread' better, they have a flat or angled top. I think they're called defused or something like that.

I do have those type of leds they work real well with gm clusters

but dont know about ford since we dont have bulbs soldered to the pcb,

we have sockets with bulbs and there not close enough to eachother to spread the light.

remember leds only shoot forward but the farther they are the wider the light output is but also the dimmer it gets.

its like dame if you do an dammed if you dont type of thing.

but i know now there are wedge type leds with clusters pointing 360 degree's

so you get better lighting,only problem is will they fit thru the socket hole.

time to whip out that dremal,lol

I so need to find a donor interior now.....oh my I want blue, switches and gauges....

I know where there are like 3 LS's in a few yards near me.

I'm willing to do for free a full interior kit to anyone that can get me

A full 00/01 LS interior and a full 02/04 kit that includes heater control unit

Once I get everything I'll modify it send it back and you just send me your old stuff.

I also do show quality hydrographics,

check out my Ford focus thread uptop on first page

there's a link of my work and a link to my hydrographics Web page.

in on this.

i dont like the green much, but its easy on the eyes.. which im sure is why ford chose it in the early days.. now everything is "techie" interior designs so everyones accustomed to red and blue now.
im just wondering, what color would look good in my interior thats tan leather, dark brown, and carbon fiber accented. blue or red i think would not look right. white could be a good option, but might be too much on the eyes.

i'd like to see someone do theirs in white or red

maybe you can be the one to figure out how to install that "mustang projector" on the underside of lincoln mirrors.. except with a lincoln logo ;)

Members online

Back