ARRNOTT vs STRUTMASTERS

martinj1

LVC Member
Reaction score
:shifty: Gonna replace my suspension. Who has the best stuff ? Who has the best service ? Airbags or springs ? Stock or lower? Lets hear it ! I would also like to thank everyone who helped with my brake problems earlier this year. If it were not for this forum, my so-called mechanic would still be scratching his fat head !!! I will try to be a more frequent user of this site as the car now has my full attention, (93 mark VIII with LSC badges and warranty card, more on this issue later) and I would like to keep it.;)

I agree with Calabrio, give Eddie spinks a try he will have the answers you need, and he will make you a good deal on the parts you might need.

I would defiantly go with American Air Suspension. Strutmasters is simply an Arnott dealer. If you notice on the site, and I am not sure if this is same on the Mark as it is on the Continental, it says the struts do not use the OEM electronic controls.

I would go with American Air because they are rebuilt Ford struts.

Do not bother with anyone else, Eddie from American Air Suspensions is TOP NOTCH, and his parts are of the same. :D

Man, I am so pissed. My passenger side airbag has just developed a leak, and my Mark is slammed in the front. The bag didn't last two years. I am going to go to springs.

THANKS GUYS !
American site looks good, I will consider them. I think I WILL go with springs.
How bout other suspension parts (rear shock mounts...ect).

P.S. Pepperman, I think the last F-14D's got chucked off the bow of the TR on May 11 (not sure, I got the report from the Kitty Hawk) VERY SAD ! Got any more good pics?

2.jpg

martinj1 said:
THANKS GUYS !

P.S. Pepperman, I think the last F-14D's got chucked off the bow of the TR on May 11 (not sure, I got the report from the Kitty Hawk) VERY SAD ! Got any more good pics?

Those look like F-16's in the pic to me?

GMAN said:
Man, I am so pissed. My passenger side airbag has just developed a leak, and my Mark is slammed in the front. The bag didn't last two years. I am going to go to springs.
Who did you buy them from?

Did you install a new filter??
I broke down and ordered 2 struts, pump, and even the Spider valve from American Air, Eddie wasn't in, so I just placed an order...

next time i have a suspension problem, i am changing to springs.

martinj1 said:
THANKS GUYS !

I will see if i can find some. :cool:

YES, They are F 16's

They ARE the Thunderbirds :D ( Ford don't make no Tomcat) and it was the only file on my computer small enough to be accepted on this site. I will convert more of my STUFF (avg 20 megs) to thumbnail size for future use.
THANKS for noticing!

martinj1 said:
They ARE the Thunderbirds :D ( Ford don't make no Tomcat) and it was the only file on my computer small enough to be accepted on this site. I will convert more of my STUFF (avg 20 megs) to thumbnail size for future use.
THANKS for noticing!
As long as the pic size is no bigger than 600 X 800 you should be able to post a pic here. I usually resize mt pics to 550 X 750 and then post them.

My Bad

The last F14 went off the waist cat of the TR on March 10.
Waiting for pics.

my95mark8 said:
Who did you buy them from?

I got my front bags from Arnott. One of my buddies is a distributor and he installed it. After a year and a half, it failed. It has a real fast leak. So now I am not driving it. I have to go to the junk yard to find one. Does anyone know if I can get anytype of warranty replacement or something?

I think only American Air Suspension has a two year warranty. Arnott problem only offers about 1 year. Which sounds about right, since that's about as long as they last from them.

Again - American Air Suspension all the way. The guy not only offers a superior product, he not only will give you first hand advice over the phone or by e-mail, but he also frequents these message boards and deals with all of us directly and personally. He's was especially active over at MarkViii.org

Keep in mind the front air struts, have the bag replaced. Just the bag. Not because Eddie is cheap, but because it's a cheaper option than a brand new piece. It's usually a fix until you can afford two new ones.

But from everything I've ever heard of/out of him, he's the only one I'll deal with when it comes time. He gives great customer support. His prices are top notch. With the effort he puts in, you shouldn't really consider anyone else. It's hard to keep vendors for these cars, especially ones who care.

I ordered some sh1t from strutmasters once and when I got it, it said arnott all over it.

One advantage you get when buying parts from a reseller(American Air or Strutmasters), is that you get a REAL warranty, not just a bunch of words. Someone that will actually stand behind the warranty.

Personally, I resell their air springs only, but wouldn't trust anything else. I"ve been in the business (as a mechanic as well as in the parts end) for a long time and can tell pretty easy when a part is thrown together with the cheapest of parts. With this being said, I trust and resell, VERY little of their stuff.

I see it all the time, stuff looking bright & shiny, dang near brand new in my core barrel, but not working or leaks like crazy. Its getting so bad that I reuse VERY little of the parts. When I do, its something no-brainer like screws of maybe a bracket, but thats it.

In a nutshell, be carefull who you buy your parts from. If the person your giving your order to is more worried about his commision than solving your problem, your going to be spending allot more time & money in the long run to fix your car.

I got the impression over the phone from Strutmasters that they are commision salespeople. I asked a few questions about pricing, and they quoted me prices that were HIGHER than the prices posted on their website.

does american air suspension carry the rear shocks for the mark or would i have to get them from arnott. are the upper shock mounts really needed. would a factory shock from a 95 thunderbird work?

Members online

Back