Attention ALL Gen 2 Owners....

1wykdmk8

LvC Dues Collector
Reaction score
Well, at least for all of you that were looking for the indiglo style gauges for your car.......Eric just purchased a parts car Gen 2 Mark VIII, and is willing to part with the gauge cluster so that SpeedHut can start getting the gauges done......Here is his post

ERIC1 said:
I will do this as soon as the car comes but i want 5 $20.00 commitments made to me personally and i wll order them and i will have them for carlisle. so whos in. may paypal account is escherer1@aol.com lets see what separates the men from the boys. i am gonna risk losing a guage cluster all i am askin is for 5 or more guys to risk 20 bux a piece
Eric

So, any of you owners that were looking for the indiglo gauges, that I have been trying to get for the Gen 1 owners for over a year now, respond to Eric at his email addy, or here (so I can get pissed that you guys will have them made before I do.....). He is willing to spend the cash to get them done with a few ppl to pony up some cash.....at least that is how I perceive it.

PONY UP!!!!!

Here are the pix of what they will look like.....not exact, but you get the picture.....
:Beer

indiglo.jpg

reverseindiglo.jpg

reverseindiglo2.jpg

Will the $20 get me the indigo gauges to my door? I'm willing to throw in, but I want to make sure that the price won't start climbing once I put the $20 in. That seems to happen a lot with this stuff.

I dont think so. The $20 is a pre-paid "comitment" that you will want the guages when they are done.

On speed-hut's website, you can design custom guages, and it shows you how much they will cost, less your $20 deposit.

The $20 he is asking for is to show financial intent. its like a deposit. if they can get 5 guys to deposit $20, then that will be enough for the company to begin manufacturing them....

Ray....I am going to PM you .. I have a question about the Gen 1's.

BlackIceLSC said:
I dont think so. The $20 is a pre-paid "comitment" that you will want the guages when they are done.

On speed-hut's website, you can design custom guages, and it shows you how much they will cost, less your $20 deposit.

The $20 he is asking for is to show financial intent. its like a deposit. if they can get 5 guys to deposit $20, then that will be enough for the company to begin manufacturing them....

Ray....I am going to PM you .. I have a question about the Gen 1's.
so what are we doin 20 bux isnt a marrage proposal its 20 bux. its like everything else its all good till the commit stage well ill be waitin.
Eric

OK... I'm In..... BUT...... The Jamler has been to Speed Huts Site...
I was a bit put off that they did not advertise Gen-2's at all AND Now I hear
Ray has been trying to get them done for over a year.....?
Guess Eric is throwin some Brooklyn on em???

Count me in on a set
Reverse! Jet Black w/Metallic Silver Font... (MPH Please...)
Font = Swis Font
Red Shift Line - NO Graphics
Logo 1 SVT Cobra Logo
Logo 2 SVT Cobra Logo
Upgrade Inverter

Check those options on their site... Cool....

You know, I'm in, IF I knew what they would look like. I mean, it is hard to say; sure, go ahead, make my day; without knowing what the day is going to look like.

I mean more specifically what the text font will be and what the copy will include.

Can I include "Powered by MonsterMark" in the design.
icon10.gif

Seriously, all I want to know is what they 'might' look like done. After that, the decision is easy, IMHO.

You know, it is attitudes like that, that has made it so damn difficult to get these things done for the Gen 1's. I had 15 -17 ppl that came to me and said if I got it going they were in. Then, they found out the price and you could hear it in their voices (well....you could hear the difference in their keyboard strokes). After I got the gauge cluster sent out about half of them jumped ship. I have been trying for almost 2 years for these things, it is not like they are askin for your first born, it is just $100.

To figure out what they will look like, just simply look at your gauges and imagine that instead of the dull boring numbers that they are now, they will be either bright blue, or a seafoamish color (if you get the upgraded inverter that can change the color from blue, to blueish green). How difficult is that to figure out?

You can put damn near what ever you want on them, as long as it will fit. You can even send them a custom logo that you might want on the gauges. They can do quite abit....and then, you can have them white during the day, or a multitude of different colors.

No wonder it has taken me almost 2 years, but the funny thing is, is once ppl see the things that I have done, they want it too. Look at those indiglo logos that I did, I have a few ppl here that want them too, but when ppl heard of the price at first they all ran. Then after they saw what they looked like they wanted some. The gauges are the same IMHO. Once ppl see them after they are made I can just about guarantee that they will sell. It is almost an improbability that they will not sell.

I have had several Gen 2 owners ticked off at me because I did not send in a Gen 2 gauge cluster to Speed Hut. I now have someone that is willing to do this, and there is still speculation. I posted pix of what the difference is, and it does not take too much of a stretch of the imagination to see what YOUR specific gauges will look like given the pix that I posted.

Jamler3 said:
OK... I'm In..... BUT...... The Jamler has been to Speed Huts Site...
I was a bit put off that they did not advertise Gen-2's at all AND Now I hear
Ray has been trying to get them done for over a year.....?
Guess Eric is throwin some Brooklyn on em???

Count me in on a set
Reverse! Jet Black w/Metallic Silver Font... (MPH Please...)
Font = Swis Font
Red Shift Line - NO Graphics
Logo 1 SVT Cobra Logo
Logo 2 SVT Cobra Logo
Upgrade Inverter

Check those options on their site... Cool....

They can not advertise Gen 2 Marks because they do not have the Gen 2 gauge cluster. And you can not think that I would purchase a gauge cluster for a car that I have no intention on owning, given the fact that most of the ppl that said that they wanted the Gen 1's gauges from Speed Hut back out, that I was going to purchase a Gen 2 cluster and my own expense.....please.

Once Eric gets the appropriate amount of ppl that hook him up with what he wants he will send the cluster to Speed Hut, but I can not blame him for wanting some sort of guarantee before he is out like I am. I paid $50 for the gauge cluster that I sent to Speed Hut, and you DO NOT get it back because according to them the machine that they use ruins the factory gauges. That gauge cluster was in perfect working order.

Well i got 1 thats right 1 guy to step up so far and thats JamlerIII so to him i say Good Man.

I want to do it, but do we have any idea what the final price will be and when it will be due? Is it hard to install? Are we committing to the style yet or just the idea? I'll send my twenty, consider it two Eric

hottweelz said:
I want to do it, but do we have any idea what the final price will be and when it will be due? Is it hard to install? Are we committing to the style yet or just the idea? I'll send my twenty, consider it two Eric

Ok, to ease your mind about this........final cost will be no more than $110+shipping, and it will be due once they get the required 25 pre-orders (that could be tomorrow, that could be 2 years from now....sorta like the ones I am trying to get for the Gen 1's). No, they are not hard to install. You have to remove the cluster, and may have to drill a small hole or two in the back of the cluster (to run the wires for the gauges since they are powered by 12v), but you may not have to, I have no idea what the back of the Gen 2 cluster looks like......I am just giving you worst case ideas. You will have to find a 12v source (most likely on the back of the cluster that powers up when you turn on the headlights), and a ground. The style is up to you, all Speed Hut is going to do is set it up on their computer, that way you can either get the reverse indiglo, or the regular indiglo, it is just basically the idea you set what you want when you order it.

I hope that eases your, and anyone elses mind on this.

Thomas A said:
Any pictures of the reverse indiglo during the day? Subscribing.....

Thomas

Look at the first post, the third pic is of the reverse indiglo in the day.....in the shade, but in the day none the less. :Beer

Thomas A said:
Since the GenII doesn't really have seperate gauges, would the overlay be one piece?

Thomas

Since I have never seen a Gen 2 gauge cluster I would have to say yeah, but that is totally up to how Speed Hut designs them. :Beer

I have 'seen' them, but have never seen them out of the cluster housing. That is what I was referring to. But, by lookin at those pix I would have to say that Speed Hut has no choice but to make them all one piece. Once Speed Hut has the gauge cluster it is basically up to them, but since there does not look like there is any seperation other than the gauge face itself, it does not look like there would be any other way to make them.

Members online

Back