cheap bolts :mad:

riiiight.

and Carroll Shelby puts ZMAX in everything he owns - which has been proven to be mineral water and food coloring. Your mileage may very.

Who said anything about 'blowing up'? Did you even read post #17?

Recharging creates hydrogen gas. Not something you want near people - right? but again - you seen to have a hard time with facts (this may be a result of hydrogen poisoning ;) ).

LOL i know about hydrogen gas... but like i said the trunk isn't air tight!!

and i was commenting on post 17!

lincoln00 - it is just embarrassing, no matter what facts you face - you hold fast :Beer (kudos)

If this is a sad cry for help - I'll feel very bad for making fun it it. Hydrogen poisoning is no laughing matter.

:eek:k: - I will not feel too bad... ;)

is hydrogen gas like the gas in my farts?,,, If so i would not want that to vent into my car:D

is hydrogen gas like the gas in my farts?,,, If so i would not want that to vent into my car:D

No, it is more methane depending on your diet, you might want to vent to the outside also and add to the green house effect and global warming. :D

i will say this again....the trunk is not air tight. the gases will escape other then the passenger cabin... you really think that little vent hose will get all the hydrogen gasses out... think about the maintenance caps...

is that the hydrogen taking?

again :kudos: for never admitting you're wrong!!! :Beer

it takes a big man to ignore facts.

well im sure that the gases would escape through the path of least resistance which in my opinion would prob be through the passenger compartment. Up through the speakers and bla bla bla

what does this battery weigh compared to the stock motorcraft? Is there a lightweight battery out there that fits?

i will say this again....the trunk is not air tight. the gases will escape other then the passenger cabin... you really think that little vent hose will get all the hydrogen gasses out... think about the maintenance caps...

Its not air tight because of the rest of the vehicles cabin. Otherwise as long as it is water tight which I hope your trunk is it is pretty much air tight.

JWerner, are you referring to my installation? There is nowhere else for the gas to go except through that hose.

:confused: Not at all.

Im actually looking forward to trying it out since I had another fomoco battery quit on me and the back up is not vented.

sorry, I misunderstood. I see your edited post now. That makes more sense.

Just checked it out on a couple different websites. The Optima is slightly lighter.

Motorcraft BXT-66-650 : 44 pounds
Optima Yellow Top D34/78 : 42.9 pounds

If you have the 750CCA motorcraft battery (BXT-66-750), that one weighs 49 pounds :eek:

i just tried finding that info... anways, thats enough of a difference for me. I think I have the 750. Thanks for the info!

Members online

No members online now.
Back