Clear sidemarker lights with full housing...

+1

It almost looks as if the chrome then extends the whole length when you leave them clear. Maybe get some chrome spray paint for the inside of the housing.

On second thought, since these come with the housing, you probably wouldn't want to pull them apart to paint...

It's kind of funny that you post the auctions for this company. We have been trying to work out a distributorship with them for the last month or so. We should be stocking these on our website soon. Only thing is that they are located in Taiwan and getting information is kind of difficult.

Thats rough, now they are selling them to your customers before you could even give the customers a price yourself.

I don't wanna be rude, I am sure you have lots of clientell that will pay a extra sum just to support your store but that would still make me mad.

Do you know how they are sealed together? That would be cool if it is glue like the headlights!

The price that particular ebay seller has them listed at would NOT be the price that Ken pays for them. That's how the distibutor thing works. Ken gets them at a reduced price, then makes a profit when he sells them to us at or near the same price the ebay company sells them direct to you at. The company would make more money by selling them direct to the consumer, but they eliminate the headache of dealing with the entire consumer base by going through a distributor like Ken.

I knew Ken would be purchasing them at a lower price but now Ken as a vendor would either have to rely on the fact he has good clientel ready to pay a higher price as a customer or Ken would be forced to sell them at a lower price to beat them out.

I personally would rather deal with Ken than Taiwan. He wouldn't need to sell them at a lower price than the other guy. Ken has the convenience of all things LS already in one place, and the price I'm assuming would be VERY similar to the Taiwan place.

I personally would rather deal with Ken than Taiwan. He wouldn't need to sell them at a lower price than the other guy. Ken has the convenience of all things LS already in one place, and the price I'm assuming would be VERY similar to the Taiwan place.

Like I said, Im sure he has enough return customers to pay the extra cash if he felt it was needed:)

Well, no it doesn't make me made. He is just trying to make some money on them. However, we plan to buy them in bulk and the price point will more than likely be the same as what he is selling them for but our shipping will be lower. Wouldn't make much sense to sell it higher than what he is selling them for on eBay would it? You are only as smart as your dumbest competitor! I haven't seen these up close yet but we are exciting about getting them. The good thing about China is that they'll mass produce aftermarket stuff for cheap. The unfortunate situation is the vendor we used for the lenses before. They were just not big enough to mass produce to get good pricing from.

LSK is a member of SEMA which allows us to have access to other aftermarket retailers. My mission at the last SEMA show was to find vendors like this and it has paid off by landing a vendor like this guy on eBay. They had a booth at SEMA and I spoke with them about this. Well, guess what? They made them. Kind of funny if you ask me but didn't notify me about it. Oh well, we are working to order these in bulk but we haven't settled on a price.

Thats good Ken. Keeping up that great attitude is the best way to over come competitors like this. The fact that you asked him to make them and he decided to without telling you then went around and decided to make money would make me pissed but that is very good that you don't let it bother you or the business.

Thats good Ken. Keeping up that great attitude is the best way to over come competitors like this. The fact that you asked him to make them and he decided to without telling you then went around and decided to make money would make me pissed but that is very good that you don't let it bother you or the business.
Well, if I let things like that bother me I'd be mad all the time! :D

i ended up going with the smoked lenses after all... had a change of opinion when i started imagining what the car would look like with either clear or smoked. figure i will have enough of the "clear" look when the amber corners are gone. will be installing these next weekend, looking forward to it.

make sure you take piks steve as i am yet to decide if i want to buy the smoked or clear as well. on a side note, hope to see your car at the meet

will do rick. i should get my car back in 10-12 days according to the body shop (lazy armenians! lol just kidding). then i'll need another week or so to get it detailed and work on these lights. that's why i'm thinking june 28 is best for me in terms of the LA meet. oh, got some gorilla glue too so i can re-attach that busted clip on the driver's side headlight. should be rockin in a few weeks.

oh, got some gorilla glue too so i can re-attach that busted clip on the driver's side headlight.

I gorilla glued mine in, I think I told you that but the damn thing just came off again the other day!!!

Cant wait to see the lens and hear some feed back on them. Lets us know what they are like at least when you get them in before they go on the car if you could ( quality wise ). Im still debateing on what look I want, clear smoke or this amber smoke I have been working on.

I wish we could still find a smoked turn signal lens.

hmmm a smoked turn signal lens, that might look pretty good. are there any cars that have that mod available like a M5 or something? would like to see that.

will definitely post feedback about the quality of these lenses when they arrive, hopefully others in this thread do the same.

I gorilla glued mine in, I think I told you that but the damn thing just came off again the other day!!!

Cant wait to see the lens and hear some feed back on them. Lets us know what they are like at least when you get them in before they go on the car if you could ( quality wise ). Im still debateing on what look I want, clear smoke or this amber smoke I have been working on.

I wish we could still find a smoked turn signal lens.

why don't you just buy a can a VHT niteshade and smoke the lense yourself....if you take your time and clear coat it then it should look as good as factory....its hard to screw up painting something so small...if I didn't have a black sealant headlight and a grey sealeant headlight then I would have already done mine...I need to purchase a new headlight so I can smoke them though...the smoked lenses would look the best in my opinion

I thought LSK used to have them but I posted my amber ones a few days ago.

Im not that good with all the BMW's but I think its the 750i that they resemble. I see some often with the darker smoked amber look.

why don't you just buy a can a VHT niteshade and smoke the lense yourself....if you take your time and clear coat it then it should look as good as factory....its hard to screw up painting something so small...if I didn't have a black sealant headlight and a grey sealeant headlight then I would have already done mine...I need to purchase a new headlight so I can smoke them though...the smoked lenses would look the best in my opinion

Because I used that stuff on my RC cars along time ago and on clear gaming consoles like my kids clear XBOX case and it is very easy to mess it up.

The stuff runs easy!

75% of the feed back here on it and everywhere else is negative. Even the hobby shop I bought the stuff from told me it all sucks.

Its not the clear coating, its the prepping.

No offense but in my opinion every application I seen with the stuff is way to dark and does not look good at all. So, I just like to keep my comments to myself and stay out of those threads.

i emailed neondials (the ebay seller with the side markers) and asked if they're ever going to sell smoked turn signal lenses. who knows, maybe something is in the works. it would be best to have the matching look.

Because I used that stuff on my RC cars along time ago and on clear gaming consoles like my kids clear XBOX case and it is very easy to mess it up.

The stuff runs easy!

75% of the feed back here on it and everywhere else is negative. Even the hobby shop I bought the stuff from told me it all sucks.

Its not the clear coating, its the prepping.

No offense but in my opinion every application I seen with the stuff is way to dark and does not look good at all. So, I just like to keep my comments to myself and stay out of those threads.

I don't know how thick you were putting the VHT on to have it run??? Clear coat is way thinner than the niteshade...I guess seeing I am a painter it is easy for me...jonstintedtails uses the same thing as VHT niteshade and he has no problem and everything he does looks good...the key to doing it right is take your time and put mulitiple coats rather than heavy coats....you make it as dark as you want it....I guess it comes natural to some of us

i emailed neondials (the ebay seller with the side markers) and asked if they're ever going to sell smoked turn signal lenses. who knows, maybe something is in the works. it would be best to have the matching look.

Cool I was thinking about that also.

Cant wait to hear what they say!

I thought LSK used to have them but I posted my amber ones a few days ago.

Im not that good with all the BMW's but I think its the 750i that they resemble. I see some often with the darker smoked amber look.

Edit that, its the 5 series that has the some what smoked amber look.

Members online

No members online now.
Back