DCCV, advance track, and service e-brake

JoshCrews

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I just tried to turn on my air conditioning for the first time this season and noticed that I only have 90 deg air. I have set the temp at different settings between 60 and 90, but it only blows out hot air on the driver and passenger sides. From reading the forum, it sounds like this is the DCCV. The other issues I am having recently are that the advance track and service e-brake warnings comeon from time to time. The ebrake still engages and disengages, and the advance track still seems to work even when the light is on. I am puzzled. Could the AC, advance track and e-brake be a common electrical problem or otherwise related in some way?:confused:

I wouldn't think the A/C would have anything to do with the problems you describe. "Joegr", "GCwimmer" or Quik would probably know.

These guys love the LS though.

Gremlins.JPG

Last year I had the ebrake message, I don't have advance trac. The ebrake still engaged disengaged fine. Dealer said it it was a DCCV issue that was causing it. Replaced DCCV under warrenty and no more ebarke message. I have no idea how they are related and honestly didn't ask since all the work was on Ford's dime.

I just tried to turn on my air conditioning for the first time this season and noticed that I only have 90 deg air. I have set the temp at different settings between 60 and 90, but it only blows out hot air on the driver and passenger sides. From reading the forum, it sounds like this is the DCCV. The other issues I am having recently are that the advance track and service e-brake warnings comeon from time to time. The ebrake still engages and disengages, and the advance track still seems to work even when the light is on. I am puzzled. Could the AC, advance track and e-brake be a common electrical problem or otherwise related in some way?:confused:
The Climate Control problem and the other issues are unrelated I suspect.
You should probably check the condition of your battery (a load test would be the way to do this). If it is original, then it is about due for replacement. The E-brake is known to get upset when the battery gets weak.

I had the ebrake and advance track errors last month right after my dccv went. I replaced the dccv and it has been all clear since then

Funny cause I have and 05 LS8 as well and have the same exact problem going on. I'm trying to find where exactly the DCCV is located so that I can try and clean it before replacing it. Dealer wants 180.00 for the part. I did the diagnostic test (pressing OFF+Defrost and then Auto within 2 secs) and it spit out the 2798 Driver Coolant Control Valve Circuit Short to Ground code.

hey lostsoul

sounds like you may have a shorted dccv solenoid. check with a volt meter from the connector at the fan shroud or when you pull the DCCV. readings between pin 1 and 2 should be 10-23 ohms, 1 and 3 should be 10 to 23 ohms on the DCCV. anything else, the dccv is bad.

Funny cause I have and 05 LS8 as well and have the same exact problem going on. I'm trying to find where exactly the DCCV is located so that I can try and clean it before replacing it. Dealer wants 180.00 for the part. I did the diagnostic test (pressing OFF+Defrost and then Auto within 2 secs) and it spit out the 2798 Driver Coolant Control Valve Circuit Short to Ground code.

Cleaning won't help yours. Yours is shorted. Probably some coolant has leaked into one of the solenoids. It will have to be replaced.

GENII DCCV Part #?

Cleaning won't help yours. Yours is shorted. Probably some coolant has leaked into one of the solenoids. It will have to be replaced.

That sux! Probably happened when we got hit with 2 feet of snow back in february; car was buried in snow up past the hood. Joe, would you happen to know the part number as I believe the online store where I got the window regulator will have the DCCV at a very reasonable price as well. They could not locate it in their system. It looks like I will have to drain the entire cooling system, disconnect the 3 hoses that run from the heater core to the DCCV, and disconnect the upper radiator hose in order to remove the DCCV. Does that sound about right?

Thanks,

That sux! Probably happened when we got hit with 2 feet of snow back in february; car was buried in snow up past the hood. Joe, would you happen to know the part number as I believe the online store where I got the window regulator will have the DCCV at a very reasonable price as well. They could not locate it in their system. It looks like I will have to drain the entire cooling system, disconnect the 3 hoses that run from the heater core to the DCCV, and disconnect the upper radiator hose in order to remove the DCCV. Does that sound about right?

Thanks,

After sitting on the phone and describing the part, he found it in the system. He gave me a part number of 2R8Z18495AA. Price is $90.68, much cheaper than the dealership here in Pittsburgh. Site is www.tascaparts.com

I ran the self diagnostic a few minutes ago and got a 2798 code (Driver Coolant Control Valve Circuit Short to Ground). I guess I'll order a new DCCV and get the AC working again.....Where have you all been ordering the DCCV from?

I ran the self diagnostic a few minutes ago and got a 2798 code (Driver Coolant Control Valve Circuit Short to Ground). I guess I'll order a new DCCV and get the AC working again.....Where have you all been ordering the DCCV from?

Josh,

I have been ordering from tascaparts.com as they have very reasonable pricing. I'm not sure where anybody else on the forum orders from.

Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
2R8Z18495AA $164.88 $0.00 $90.68

VALVE ASY - HTR WTR

I generally use Max at Five Star Ford. (Look to the right ->)

Josh

After calling work the best I could do on that would be 93.98 (gold price) this time to try and compete with the other guy. plus shipping of course.

Thanks Joe!!

Looks like my DCCV is either dead or in need of repair. I still need to put a meter on it but...

When I do the diagnostic I get a 2797 and a 2799 code. What are these and where can I find the list for the future.

Now with warm weather I can't ignore the warm air coming out of the AC system.

BTW I occasionally also get "service parking brake" messages so maybe confirms the relation. What a weird car where totally different systems affect each other.

Thanks,

Jim Henderson

Looks like my DCCV is either dead or in need of repair. I still need to put a meter on it but...

When I do the diagnostic I get a 2797 and a 2799 code. What are these and where can I find the list for the future.

Now with warm weather I can't ignore the warm air coming out of the AC system.

BTW I occasionally also get "service parking brake" messages so maybe confirms the relation. What a weird car where totally different systems affect each other.

Thanks,

Jim Henderson

http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6xc0003.htm~gen~ref.htm

http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6xja003.htm~gen~ref.htm
http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6x71019.htm~gen~ref.htm

Thanks Joe, that's what I was looking for.

Will do some electrical checks before I order the part. But probably a dead DCCV.

Jim Henderson

I'm having the same issue with my car. All of a sudden only max heat, no A/C, and my parking brake warning is coming on. Never thought the two could be related. Time for the DCCV, I guess... No rush, in Wisconsin I only need the A/C a few days in July and August.....

Looking at the diagram the DCCV looks easy to replace. Is it easy as it looks or is it a bitch to get at? Before I rip into it, I can direct heat to floor, defrost or vents but only max heat. I'm assuming you can only run diagnostic on the V8 with message center?

Looking at the diagram the DCCV looks easy to replace. Is it easy as it looks or is it a bitch to get at? Before I rip into it, I can direct heat to floor, defrost or vents but only max heat. I'm assuming you can only run diagnostic on the V8 with message center?

That is an incorrect assumption. The DATC diagnostics run from the DATC module/display, no need for the message center.
My understanding is that the DCCV is easier to get to on the V6's.

what can i expect to pay at a dealer to do my dccv on my 02 V6? im in the Airforce and i dont have time to mess with it myself.

what can i expect to pay at a dealer to do my dccv on my 02 V6? im in the Airforce and i dont have time to mess with it myself.

About $180.00 at the dealer. Tascaparts.com has it for $90.68 shipped. Part number is 2R8Z18495AA.

About $180.00 at the dealer. Tascaparts.com has it for $90.68 shipped. Part number is 2R8Z18495AA.

Thanks ill look into it ..is it a fairly easy DYI job? and of not what can i expect to pay with parts and labor from ford if anyone knows

Members online

No members online now.
Back