Dig these rims??

D NORO

LVC Member
Reaction score
I really like these Enkei Falcon rims. Gunmetal finish with polished lip. Just looking for some opinions.

1st photo is the stock shot and the 2nd photo has the rims photoshopped on the car. I plan on keeping them at 17" considering the crappy New England roads. haha. I dig 'em tho...

100_0299.jpg

100_0299wFalcons.jpg

Thanks for lookin'!

Yeah, rims look good but they wont look that great in 17's. Too much tire, not enough rim. Go 18 or maybe 19 for a good look, if they are available in that size.

i say go with an 18 if your worried about potholes and what not, i hit a pothole yesterday that it completely loosened the lugs on one wheel, i was fucking pissed

Not my cup-o-tea. Black cars look best with chrome. Black rims make them look like all the lifted 4x4's running black these days.

To each his own, but I don't care for black rims on anything. They look cheap. Not much for any painted rims either, but if they're done well, they can be ok. Personally, I prefer chrome on anything and use the style to set it apart. But then I grew up on muscle cars in the 60's & 70's.

Not my cup-o-tea. Black cars look best with chrome. Black rims make them look like all the lifted 4x4's running black these days.

There have been some sweet black LS's with black wheels. For some reason, I REALLY like this one. Though I don't normally like this style:

LincolnLS_blkRmz.jpg

To each his own, but I don't care for black rims on anything. They look cheap. Not much for any painted rims either, but if they're done well, they can be ok. Personally, I prefer chrome on anything and use the style to set it apart. But then I grew up on muscle cars in the 60's & 70's.

Yeah, different age groups. the older crowd seems to really like chrome. I've actually been slowly dechroming my LS.

There have been some sweet black LS's with black wheels. For some reason, I REALLY like this one. Though I don't normally like this style:

LincolnLS_blkRmz.jpg

See and I think that's ugly. With the tinted windows and all black, chromies would be smokin' on that ride. Nothing sets off a car/truck in bright sunlight or streetlights like the light reflecting of chrome wheels. I have no problem with no chrome on the car itself, but the contrast you get with chrome wheels, especially when the tires are freshly "wet" (armor all or whatever,) just looks awesome. And expensive - if you look at the price of the same rim machined, polished, painted or chrome, the chrome is always the most expensive.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Yeah, different age groups. the older crowd seems to really like chrome. I've actually been slowly dechroming my LS.

Yup, and the LS is an "older guy" car, just like the Seville is on the other side of LVC. Which makes me wonder why so many young guys are driving them.
:Beer

LincolnLS_blkRmz.jpg

That's a good lookin LS

And how do remove ur chrome pek?

If a pothole loosened your lug nuts, you are doing something wrong. :eek:

well ok, it wasnt just one pot hole, there were several, and some of them pretty deep, plus it probably doesn't help that i have a stipped stud so i only have 4 lugs on that wheel, which i am getting fixed tomorrow

See and I think that's ugly. With the tinted windows and all black, chromies would be smokin' on that ride. Nothing sets off a car/truck in bright sunlight or streetlights like the light reflecting of chrome wheels. I have no problem with no chrome on the car itself, but the contrast you get with chrome wheels, especially when the tires are freshly "wet" (armor all or whatever,) just looks awesome. And expensive - if you look at the price of the same rim machined, polished, painted or chrome, the chrome is always the most expensive.

see, I don't mind chrome wheels on a darker colored car. I think chrome clashes with light colors (like my ivory pearl), so I opted for a silver with polished stainless lip:

IMG_7024.jpg

IMG_7780.jpg

As far as chrome being more expensive, that's a terrible way to judge how good something looks. Chrome is just more expensive to do than a machined/painted. Has nothing to do with the look.

That's a good lookin LS

And how do remove ur chrome pek?

swapped to a mclaren front grille (painted lower grille area flat black to match the mclaren center), painted the rear surround, already a sport, so no chrome on the bumpers. Now just to use some 3m pinstriping tape to cover up the chrome on the window trim.

Chrome wheels are like man jewelry.
Satin colored wheels just don't stand out enough to bother with.
It's like the difference between plain and fancy.
Chrome wheels are always of the premium style packages on new cars.
IMO black wheels look like they belong on a police car or some other fleet vehicle.

Members online

No members online now.
Back