Fast Baggin the Mark VIII

I didn't keep close enough tabs on exactly how much I spent, but I'm pretty sure it was close to a grand, after all was said n done. I just got all my gauges, which I didn't have when I did the setup, but I have everything ready for the gauges, all I have to do is run the lines to the valves, n I'm done. I coulda just slapped a new compressor & relay in, but I like doin stuff different...lol. I just installed the Sirius Satellite Radio Sportster 4 in the cockpit, and wired it directly into my aftermarket radio. LOVE IT!!!!!
http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2640&siId=1363571&catParentID=7875&scId=7875&oldParentID=7870
It works at home as well!

:runaway: Man you must have money to burn! I put coil springs on my '98 & it runs great!:D I paid $410 for the whole set from suspension alternatives.com (a side website for Strutmasters) & my father & I installed them in a few hours. First I ordered the front for $270 & then the rear for $140 a couple of weeks later. I couldn't afford the dealer's prices & everyone was out of the struts over the internet. :Bang
:shifty: the dark side... I could never bring myself to do it...even after spending the last two days troublshooting mine...just ordered another part...maybe this will do it...no matter..I will not stop until Tux is risin and lowerin on his own!! Even if my hair did get stuck in the top of the strut (betcha my neighbors were laughin at that!). The price is right though and dang bags are getting harder to find.

Pimp is awesome!! Your system was already sweet! Bet is sounds nice!!

Smooches Hotties!

MsM8

Matt It was nice to meet you ... Your car suspension is WILD !! It is worth fixing
Debi ,My wife thought you were funny ....:eek: :eek: She said it was nice to meet you.:cool: :cool:Jbird97, nice to meet you too Your car looks great !!!!!

Your Mrs' is too sweet, I can't imagine how she understood us all. All that car talk and she just sat there and smiled. A very nice lady Serg, tell her it was great meeting her!!

We have to do it all again soon!!

Smooches!
MsM8

did you end up having to take the fronts out?

how exactly are the fittings attached to the front bags?

I haven't spent too long looking at or dealing with mine so i must ask, what prevents air from rushing out of the factory holes? Are the valves inside of the extended area and are forever shut now?

Yes, I did have to remove the front bags, to drill & tap the new fittings into the top of the assembly. I just left the stock/factory solenoids in their holes, turns out they're closed unless they have power. I unplugged them. Problem solved. My bags came out easy... 3 bolts on top, 1 on bottom. Slide em right out.

The ONLY problem I have had with my setup so far was downtown Detroit, some a$$hole broke in my car, and tried to steal the subwoofers in the trunk.
badidea.gif

It's nearly IMPOSSIBLE, since the way I designed it, the WHOLE air management system has to be removed from the trunk FIRST!!!!. They TRIED gettin the air tank & compressor out, but without the TOOLS, there's no way to! Haha, I win again! I got back in my car & drove home CRANKIN the tunes the whole way!!!
MattMan_foshizzle.gif

PADzSjY3ohWDEjdISejUTmGMYizf.jpg

StreetracingIsNotaCrime.jpg

Wow, that sucks, but seemed to work out well

I'm really considering this now

I want to have the valves coming off of the tank, as in the pic someone posted earlier.

How much power does it take to operate one of the valves? I would be using my own switches, would there be enough power from somewhere behind the stereo somewhere to operate one? or would I need relays? I don't really want to run an extra power line to behind the stereo (where the switches would be).

And finally, where did you get the accessory power for the pressure switch?

The Marks look good slamed, I just think the front should go down lower than the rear. Has anyone figured out how to do this?

On my old car the AssassinVIIIor, I had fast bags as well (like 4 years ago) and what was done to get the front down is to remove the inner bump stop that is in every front bag assembly. I had 2 N2 tanks in the trunk with 2 compressors as well, and ALL copper hardlines, no plastic to deal with. Here are a few pix of what it looked like with the bump stops removed and rollin on the 18's.......

draggin.jpg

layedrear.jpg

draggin1.jpg

draggin2.jpg

draggin3.jpg

mycar.jpg

mycar4.jpg

mycar5.jpg

Hell yea! That fohker is BADASS! OMG! I wanna see more pics of it laid out!
I need to get the bumpstops out too! Any chance I can get an explination as to how to get them out?? I'd love to lay frame!

As far as wiring the switches, they take very little power to activate. Depends on exactly what valves you buy tho... some use more current, some less. (You can get power from the fuse box on the side of the dash on the drivers side.) None really require a relay though, the switches I used can handle the amperage just fine. I ran my accessory power to the pressure switch from somewhere "keyed" so that when the key is off, so are the switches and compressor.

Hell yea! That fohker is BADASS! OMG! I wanna see more pics of it laid out!
I need to get the bumpstops out too! Any chance I can get an explination as to how to get them out?? I'd love to lay frame!

As far as wiring the switches, they take very little power to activate. Depends on exactly what valves you buy tho... some use more current, some less. (You can get power from the fuse box on the side of the dash on the drivers side.) None really require a relay though, the switches I used can handle the amperage just fine. I ran my accessory power to the pressure switch from somewhere "keyed" so that when the key is off, so are the switches and compressor.

If you click on the link to my cardomain page, you can see a few more pix. The only bad thing is that is all the pix I have of it. I got rid of it soon after the car was finished due to money constraints, and the fact that I was in the hospital and needed to pay off some bills (including paying off what was done on the car).

The way mine was set up, mine was basically set up the same manner as yours (as far as the switches), but when I parked it and hit the alarm key to set the alarm the vents opened up and released the air out of the suspension to slam the car on the ground. Then when I disarmed the car the solenoids opened up and put just enuf air to get the car off of the ground and rolling.....it was a preset height.

Now, the biggest problem is that if you have the factory exhaust on the car you will never lay it all the way down. My car sat up a bit due to the fact that the cat's up front hit the ground before the frame/body of the car did. But after I went with headers it layed out in the front. As for the back the rear body mount sat on the ground, and from what I could see I still had atleast 2 more inches of drop cause we drove the car up on 2X4's and released the air out of the bags and with the car on the 2X4's it still layed frame (as much as possible). You can see in the pix I attached what I mean as far as the front being still a bit higher than the rear, and that the rear body mount sat on the ground.

layedout.jpg

layedrear.jpg

sideview.jpg

Nice, thanx for the info. You must have had somethin like the Digital Dakota huh? It's fun all the things you can do with an aftermarket alarm system, eeh? Nice job bro!

Nice, thanx for the info. You must have had somethin like the Digital Dakota huh? It's fun all the things you can do with an aftermarket alarm system, eeh? Nice job bro!

Nahhhh...might have been easier, but since I am electronix tech by trade I designed that part myself and built it. I just timed how long it would take to raise the car from the ground to the desired height, and set the timer for that time (+/- a second or two) and went from there....worked out quite well, and cost me a fraction of the money if I would have went Dakota Digital, or any other company for that matter.

As for the removal of the inner front bump stops, you have to open up the airbag and physically remove the bump stop from inside the airbag, then have someone with a crimping machine big enuf to crimp the band back on that you have to remove to get inside the bag itself. Not an easy task if you do not have the necessary tools.

hey PIMP i live in illinois and was wondering if i bought all the equipment needed how much would you charge to do a fast bag set up in my mark also re tint the windows since the factory tint is fading????.....LMK THANKS

after a lot of research I bought everything for the setup except for the tank and compressor

wish me luck

Here is my diamond in the rough, bodywork is next.
picked up awesome Rosemist. and fast bagged it.

048.gif

049.gif

051.gif

055.gif

056.gif

and the video before the shocks.
th_054.gif

Its rebagged with RS-6 slam specailties bags 1/2" ports
ODE 1/2 ball bearing electric valves
12 gallon tank.
oasis XD3000 compressor (11.9 CFM) tank fills from 100-180 psi in under 45 seconds.

and an AVS switchbox.

that thing's pretty violent, I'd imagine you could throw a cat a good distance off the trunk

Pretty sweet.....mine was a bit faster. You could hit the switch up (for the whole car) and it would come off of the ground about 4-6 inches. Not that I really wanted to, but if you were not paying attention it would rocket off of the ground.....but that thing is sweet.......yeah, it def needs some bodywork....LOL

ohhhh poor baby - you get your girl together and she will love you forever!! oh and please tell me your directionals are all going the right way now.

SMOOCHES
MsM8

yea, I actually bought her from a junkyard for $1.

been trying to piece her back together, the video only had 80psi in tank.

she had a blown compressor and leaky rear bags.

The wheels are all facing the right direction now. :)

the plans are to fix the dent in the quarter which my bro's girlfriend put there.
and reshoot it rosemist.
I love the color in the sun it photographs pink and purple but in person it looks graphite.

Members online

No members online now.
Back