Flowmaster 40's

flowmaster makes a black muffler i think its a 44 not a 40 i have 2 and 1/4 with an X no resonator/ third cat just the first pair off the manifolds and the flowmasters sound awesom none of the clanky crap you get out of the ones you have i have yet to hear a 40 series flowmaster on a mark sound anywhere near as good as mine but i also had the total exaust upgraded

flowmaster makes a black muffler i think its a 44 not a 40 i have 2 and 1/4 with an X no resonator/ third cat just the first pair off the manifolds and the flowmasters sound awesom none of the clanky crap you get out of the ones you have i have yet to hear a 40 series flowmaster on a mark sound anywhere near as good as mine but i also had the total exaust upgraded

Exactly why I'm not putting them on. I'm going to sell them to a Mustang freak here locally. Only a billion of them around my town. If I do go with a muffler, it will be Magnaflow, just after the X somewhere. I don't want mufflers all the way at the rear. Tips only.

i had the third cat cut out, no mufflers, it was stupid loud, i would suggest some type of muffler

Dude that's the thing. I currently have FLOWMASTERS in my Mark & they DONT sound bad at all. I have a true dual exhaust with no x-pipes, two Flowmasters with the GenII tips & my exhaust rumbles low & nice. DO I think MagnaFlows & Dynomax mufflers can sound better? Quite possible if not very possible but when you are on a budget you have to settle for what you can get & I honestly have no complaints about Flowmaster.

This is my exhaust 3 days before I placed it on my Mark. It came off a 97 LSC.

101_0840sm.jpg

I remember when you got that.

Yep! Would I like to have an x-pipe setup with some Magnaflows? Sure but I'm not complaining about my current set up. I need new mufflers because mine accumulated water from sitting so long before I bought them & they are rotting inside so they need to be replaced. Your price is great but you are correct, I think shipping would be insane on them two!

The Flowmaster 40's I have are not 2 1/2 in and out, they are 2 1/4 in and out.

A few people seem to be interested so I thought I would let whoever see's them know that they are 2.25 in and out.

$120 and I'll get them to your door. Seems like I paid a little over $35 for shipping but for what they sell for, I think $120 to your door is a fair price.

2.25 in and out!

mustang H pipe

I found a guy locally selling an H pipe off his 96 cobra. Someone please tell me this could be used and would make some type of difference.
What would this be worth if it will work.

I found a guy locally selling an H pipe off his 96 cobra. Someone please tell me this could be used and would make some type of difference.
What would this be worth if it will work.

I would go with the X. The H is more for the Mustangs really. Single or double X for the Mark. To answer the question, it could be used and would make a difference though. You just need good equalization in the exhaust.

x or H it doesn't matter, they both equalize both sides and help with the scavenging effect. Mopar was the first to use the x.

Thanks. I didnt mean to thread jack but at least it was on topic.
Im trying to get more info on these from the guy.

Thanks. I didnt mean to thread jack but at least it was on topic.
Im trying to get more info on these from the guy.

lol, I don't even know who brought this thread back up again. It's old but anyway, there are a few people that have the H under a Mark but even H pipe owners have told me that the X is better and has a better flow and also has proper equalization.

the guy wants $100 so it may be worth it to use for a little while until I can get a custom set up made up. There is a ton of mustangs around here i could always resell them afterwards.

They have X pipes all over ebay for sale and are fairly cheap. they don't have to be chrome or anything so no need in paying for something that ain't gonna be looked at.

stupid question alert.....
Drone is the noise inside the car right?
I had an aggressive flowmaster on my Chevy HHR and it sounded awesome outside but you couldnt hear yourself think inside.
Adding X pipes cuts down on the noise that resonates inside? So do they slow the flow or change the exterior sound or reduce performance in any way compared not using the x pipes

stupid question alert.....
Drone is the noise inside the car right?
I had an aggressive flowmaster on my Chevy HHR and it sounded awesome outside but you couldnt hear yourself think inside.
Adding X pipes cuts down on the noise that resonates inside? So do they slow the flow or change the exterior sound or reduce performance in any way compared not using the x pipes

Drone is inside and the dual X will eliminate the majority of it and it / they will equalize the pressure coming out and actually it's been said that they give a little bit of a gain. Straight duals has been said to be a loss of HP.

did anyone elses comp crash after clicking that link to carcraft?. I have very basic free protection and right after i read and closed that link my laptop took a dive and I had to totallt restore to original set up.

NOT BLAMING ANYONE, just seeing if I was the only one.

Can someone PM me with a good free antivirus download.

Nope?

I just clicked the link again and it's fine. :confused:

Spybot Search and Destroy works for me. Malware Bytes Anti Malware is good, too.

BTW, those free programs I mentioned don't stop you getting a virus, but they are scanners that can remove bad stuff.

AVG 9.0 here & Advanced Disk Cleaner 5.0 and I have never had one problem. I used to have Zone Alarm for a firewall but learned that it wasn't helping much and annoying sometimes.

Stock exhaust 2-1/4 or 2-1/2"?

I'm looking at swapping out the stock mufflers for a Magnaflow muffler, peoples thoughts on those?

Members online

Back