Flowmaster 40's

stock is 2.25

i liked the magnaflow ultraflows
i had a few different flowmasters over the years..finally settled on the ultraflows

now..i'm not hating the stock exhaust after all those years listening to the noise

Is it me or does the stainless create a sound different than just steel?

I've been wanting a particular sound for awhile. Like what they can achieve out of the termi's, and my guess has been X, then mid mount 2 in 2 out 2.5" muff, and all stainless mandrel bend.

I understand that sound can't be duplicated with our exhaust length, but I have a solution in mind for that.

stock is 2.25

i liked the magnaflow ultraflows
i had a few different flowmasters over the years..finally settled on the ultraflows

now..i'm not hating the stock exhaust after all those years listening to the noise

I like quiet also, especially since my 85 is down right obnoxious but I atleast want a little rumble out the back of the car and I think the flow through design will sound better on this car than a baffled muffler.

Is it me or does the stainless create a sound different than just steel?

I've been wanting a particular sound for awhile. Like what they can achieve out of the termi's, and my guess has been X, then mid mount 2 in 2 out 2.5" muff, and all stainless mandrel bend.

I understand that sound can't be duplicated with our exhaust length, but I have a solution in mind for that.

I think an X or two and mid mount mufflers or dual in/dual out is where it's at for the right sound and mandrel bent pipes. I put the Flows on CL today to see if they snag a $150 bite. If not, they'll sell soon enough to someone.

http://huntsville.craigslist.org/pts/1590884332.html

I think an X or two and mid mount mufflers or dual in/dual out is where it's at for the right sound and mandrel bent pipes. I put the Flows on CL today to see if they snag a $150 bite. If not, they'll sell soon enough to someone.

http://huntsville.craigslist.org/pts/1590884332.html

Cool.

Yeah, when the time comes to redo this is prob the setup I'm looking at. Would like a somewhat quiet muff to just get a nice tone. My muffs are GONE, burnt up!! Sounds like a truck.

Check it out. I put light on the car. I think I want it.

96black.gif

Check it out. I put light on the car. I think I want it.

96black.gif

Damn dude, thanks, I'm gonna steal that picture, just because it's cropped! Lol and my photo program takes forever to load after the last virus crap I went through, so I've been too lazy to wait for it.

Btw, My car has never looked as good in a picture as it has in person, a couple members who don't frequent here often can vouch for that. Usually pictures make cars look nicer. Not mine, I keep this thing mint. Been repainted 3 times since I've had it.

Damn dude, thanks, I'm gonna steal that picture, just because it's cropped! Lol and my photo program takes forever to load after the last virus crap I went through, so I've been too lazy to wait for it.

Btw, My car has never looked as good in a picture as it has in person, a couple members who don't frequent here often can vouch for that. Usually pictures make cars look nicer. Not mine, I keep this thing mint. Been repainted 3 times since I've had it.

That's exactly how I would want my Gen 1 to look. It sits at the perfect height, nice and black and those rims are setting it off. Maybe one day....

...Btw, My car has never looked as good in a picture as it has in person, a couple members who don't frequent here often can vouch for that. Usually pictures make cars look nicer. Not mine, I keep this thing mint. Been repainted 3 times since I've had it.
Get a better camera than your cell phone (or heck even a better cell phone, lol) ;)

I found this article on exhausts interesting, also.

http://magnaflow.com/05news/magazine/05sportc.asp

Yes it was. I learned a lot in there. btw, someone local is supposed to be coming to pick up those Flows I have for the $150 I asked. He sent the email and asked me to text him on the cell# he gave and I did. He said he should be by Sunday to get them. Probably waiting on income tax money. I'm in Auburn , AL. right now anyway for my brothers wedding. Up in a loft lol with free wireless internet.

Anyway, when I get back, I got some work to do on the exhaust. I have one X now that's OEM for a Shelby GT 500 and all I need to do now is make a muffler choice. I might go with the one X and then a dual in and out Magnaflow in the mid and then let it go out the rest of the way to the tips. I think that would have a good sound and very little drone.

Members online

No members online now.
Back