Ford ESP warranty

strapp

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
My ESP expired late last year. I'm considering getting a new one for my 2003 Lincoln LS. Is it worth it for a 2003 Lincoln LS with 76k to spend $2700 on ESP premium care warranty with a $50 deductible? Or does anyone have better alternatives for a arranty?

My ESP expired late last year. I'm considering getting a new one for my 2003 Lincoln LS. Is it worth it for a 2003 Lincoln LS with 76k to spend $2700 on ESP premium care warranty with a $50 deductible? Or does anyone have better alternatives for a warranty?

Have you used your ESP? If so, did it save you more money than it cost? How many miles do you get for $2700? Most warranties will take the car to 7 (total) years or 100K (total) miles. You are over the years and would basically get 24K miles for that $2700, or about $800 per mile. I purchased the ESP for our 2000 and never used it. I didn't get one for either '06 and, so far, haven't been to the dealer for anything that would have been covered. They say the tone I get the first cycle through ~2500 rpm is "normal" (which tells me they don't know how to fix it and won't take the time as the LS is an orphan car) so they won't do anything about it. Other than that, my wife's '06 has ~55K miles and mine has just under 70K miles.

I would put the money in a savings account and use it to make any repairs you may need.

I dont have a warranty on mine.

Ive never needed to use a warranty for anything. I agree put the money into a savings account and any repairs you need to do can be done with it.

Also just because you have a warranty doesnt mean everything is covered.

Also that warranty is about 25% of the value of your vehicle.

I have used my ESP. On everything from electronics inside the vehicle...power seat...rear seat heater...power mirror...to the big one...new engine. I see what yo are saying about the total cost. Definitely will be giving it some serious thought.
Thanks for the input.

WHATEVER!!! :p

I'm tired at the moment! I just worked my ace off putting up 3 phase banks.. lol

You are right now that I look at it..

$2700 for 3yr. 36k miles...should have mentioned that earlier. Actually .75/mile. That will help with the math problems :)

ESP is for suckers. Got my buddy years ago on a cadillac. A lot of times they will sell it to another warranty company. Then when you have a claim, that company has to send someone out to look at it and try to deny your claim. Ford usually doesn't do it, but GM sure does.

I've had extended warranties on the last 4 cars I've had and it has always paid off for me. I have had all claims paid by either warranty Direct or Ford ESP no problem. Ford ESP has paid over 7k in claims on my LS...so "sucker" I must be ;)

ESP is for suckers. Got my buddy years ago on a cadillac. A lot of times they will sell it to another warranty company. Then when you have a claim, that company has to send someone out to look at it and try to deny your claim. Ford usually doesn't do it, but GM sure does.

I've had extended warranties on the last 4 cars I've had and it has always paid off for me. I have had all claims paid by either warranty Direct or Ford ESP no problem. Ford ESP has paid over 7k in claims on my LS...so "sucker" I must be ;)

Then pay for it again.

Someone has to win the lottery. I don't see the need for it because I can work on my car.

I don't know if it is a lottery win or not...but it has worked out. I am not a mechanic; so working on the car outside of installing a CAI is not happening.
Anyway...I understand this time around if I purchase the warranty it might not work out in my favor being 1 year shorter than the last warranty. Points to ponder.
Someone has to win the lottery. I don't see the need for it because I can work on my car.

I'm no mechanic by any means. I just own the FLM service tech manual. I can read, and look the pics, then WHALLA, I fix stuff. Its not hard. I usually have a safety meeting before, during and after, though.

Members online

Back