Ghost Flamed 01 LS (sorry dial up people)

tylers65

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Got some pics of the flames being put on my car.

Before
Cars021.jpg

Taped on
Flames002.jpg

Flames003.jpg

Back Taped
Flames007.jpg

Flames009.jpg

Sprayed
Flames010.jpg

Flames014.jpg

Flames013.jpg

Clear coat tomorrow and the wet sanding and buffing on Wednesday.

More pics to follow.

Not bad, personally I wouldn't go with flames on a luxury car, but they look good so far. I take it you are repainting the whole car, what color?

The color will be the factory color.

I have a lot of friends in the hot rod and painting fields. I had a large gouge in my hood that needed repairing so I would have been into the repair $600 but with the flames, it will cost me $650 to $700.

Most places charge about $2000 to $2500 for flames like this.

Wow that's a deal. I like the stock color, good choice.

I think this is going to be HOT! It looks like it is a slight variance of your original paint color. If so, then it should look very nice. Ghost flames will look great or look terrible. However, this looks like it will turn out very good. Definitely post more pics!!

Thanks Ken!

And thanks for the new emblem for my grill!

I cannot beleive how fast the parts shipped!

KD00LS said:
GrayGhost1 said:
I think this is going to be HOT! QUOTE]

Ken, are you watching that MTV again? :N
LMAO! Well, my painter and I have been going around and around about this ghost flame stuff for 8 or 9 months now. He wants my car so bad he can't stand it. We agreed that if he did it it would be all or nothing. So, that's why I haven't done this yet. He wants to take the flames all down the side and past the rear doors. However, he wants to use a darker variance of the Midnight Grey Metallic paint. According to his book there are about 6 different variances on the color code TV. He wants to pick the darker of the six or one shade darker than I have. This way it's not noticiable unless you are looking for it. Definitely ghost!

tylers65 said:
Thanks Ken!

And thanks for the new emblem for my grill!

I cannot beleive how fast the parts shipped!
You're welcome and no problem! I can't wait to see the finished product.

GrayGhost1 said:
KD00LS said:
LMAO! Well, my painter and I have been going around and around about this ghost flame stuff for 8 or 9 months now. He wants my car so bad he can't stand it. We agreed that if he did it it would be all or nothing. So, that's why I haven't done this yet. He wants to take the flames all down the side and past the rear doors. However, he wants to use a darker variance of the Midnight Grey Metallic paint. According to his book there are about 6 different variances on the color code TV. He wants to pick the darker of the six or one shade darker than I have. This way it's not noticiable unless you are looking for it. Definitely ghost!

See that's how you do a set of ghost flames. I'd like to see that, but remember there is other variants of paint schemes. Maybe just run a darker Midnight Grey on the bottom than on the top. All kinds of stuff to think about.

Let me tell you........ that once I saw a mercedes E320 painted custom orange metallic with ghost flames and it looked gorgeous, the flames dissapeared and reappeared as you walked around the car... that was one of the best paint jobs ive ever seen... and if successful the LS with look twice as better..good luck.

lexmarkz00 said:
I'd expect to see something like that on a Neon or something. :\

How to win friends and influence others.

It is a hotrod thing. Either you get it or you don't.

I guess if everyone drove white cars with no differences, it would suit you just fine.

Without those who are willing to take chances, we would all have factory stock horse drwn buggies because no one would have taken a chance by putting a motor on one.

:Bang NEON :Bang

I Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets see the finished product!!!! You are so right its an old skool hotrod thing!! I am a 20 year old KID and I love flames my grandfather is from the old skool- and he is working on some cars now and he is flaming a 70 chevy pickup....So even back in the day people that had the LUXuRY cars of the time! they flamed them then so what the difference GOD I love it cant wait to see the finished product

Members online

No members online now.
Back